“Better ear plugs needed”

Palazzo Fani Mignanelli
Ranked #76 of 120 Siena B&B and Inns
Newbury Park, California
“Better ear plugs needed”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I agree with the last review however the earplugs provided were pretty inferior. Fortunately I had better ones but if I hadn't the noise coming in through the bathroom exhaust outlet would have kept me awake. And I had requested their quietest room when I made the reservation. So if you're sensitive to noise don't stay here. Everything else was great especially the helpfulness of the staff and the location which was close to all the great sites in this town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CookiesDaddy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I did book this room with the good reviews in mind. Perhaps there are much nicers rooms than I have. One of the first things I noticed in the bathroom were the earplugs---a wise and friendly support of the hotel which may help in sleeping. Since, even with the well-isolating windows it can be rather noisy, because of the life on the street which can go on until a few hours after midnight. Falling asleep wit the windows open is an option that did not work for me. Fortunately, it was not all that hot.

The furniture, at least in the room I occupied, needs small repairs here and there to restore their unproblematic use. The internet, indeed I did have some moments when data came through. Too short a bed. Finding a few hairs on the sink did not bother me at all, they don't bite do they!

Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is very OK for an italian small hotel. Room is (otherwise) clean. Wonderful view from the room.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
bentonville, ar
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I reciently took a group of young musicians and chaperones to Italy and one of the places the group stayed in Siena was Palazzo Fani Mignanelli. It was perfect in every way. The location is steps away from the Campo, shops, and dining. Duomo and museums is a couple of city blocks away. My group was so impressed by the warm hospitality of the hotel staff that they actually wrote "thank you" notes to them when they returned to the US. It was clean, comfortable, affordable and has what might be one of the best locations in historic Siena. But, of course, it's the staff that makes a hotel memorable. And the Fani Mignanelli was memorable for my group. When you are considering hotels in Tuscany, this one should be at the top of the list.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank milesfish
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Luckily we had a taxi transfer to this hotel (in a lovely old building in the centre of Siena) or we may never have found it hidden on the third floor above a flower shop. There is a lift to the third floor but then stairs to reception and again to the rooms. The female receptionist was very helpful, even offering to carry both of our bags to our room!

The room was clean and spacious with a high ceiling and exposed beams, and appeared to have double glazing as we couldn't hear any street noise with the window closed. We had a view of the Torre del Mangia. The bathroom was well supplied with toiletries and the shower had good water pressure.

The breakfast room was tiny but the breakfast was nice. Luckily the hotel wasn't too busy during our stay so we had no problem getting a table.

Unfortunately the internet was unavailable during our stay, but we were only there for one night.

Our only complaint was the thinness of the walls between rooms. Our neighbours' television and quiet conversation could clearly be heard.

All in all a great place to stay in Siena.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulineSJ
Igualada, Spain
Reviewed 7 March 2012

If you could skip the entrance, this could perfectly be a 4 star hotel, and an "Excellent" at TripAdvisor. It is a big deal, as we paid €62 for a double room breakfast included, for a quite big room, nice decor, right in the centre of Siena (1 minute walking to Piazza del Campo, and in the high street of the city). My accomodation in Siena if I ever go back there. For sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RomanetJC
hoboken
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've stayed at this place a couple of times. It's a little difficult to locate, but you can't be the deal. The rooms are quite large for European standards. Everything is clean and you are right in the middle of town. This is an excellent deal. I suggest going around the corner and eating at Ristorante Guido! It's a great place to eat. They have a truffle pasta that is absolutely great! I used to have friends that worked there and unfortunately they moved. I love Siena, it's always been a fun place for me.

Room Tip: Go for one of the bigger rooms if you are there for a couple of days. The showers have jets and are...