“Lovely place”

Ranked #9 of 136 Restaurants in Gubbio
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Went to this restaurant on the recommendations of other hotel guests.
We were not disappointed. The menu is not in English, but the staff were as helpful as they could be to ensure you got what you wanted to eat.
The food was lovely, we ended up having a pork chop cooked over an open flame in the main body of a restaurant and a delicious belly pork dish!
We'd happily go back here.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

The waiter was rude and arrogant with my mother because my 16 months old baby was playing near the stairs to the kitchen, while I was in the toilet. He scolded her in a very arrogant way. When I came out of the toilet, the waiter told me "here don't" without any context. I didn't know what he was talking about. I thought "this guy is not all right". Then he tried to sell us some apartments for rental in the town. Is this a restaurant or a travel agency?
I am Italian so I know the Italian food. The pasta we ordered was not ready made but precooked, the artichoke sauce on it was cold. Sign that they just heated the pasta and throw cold sauce on it.
Far below my standards. I went there because a restaurant I knew was closed for weekly closure. Definitely I will not go back. I don't recommend it. If you want good food and service there are plenty of alternatives in Gubbio.

1  Thank Federico A
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Despite there not being an English menu our waitress patiently went through all the options with us. She was very friendly and suggested that we could share some of the fixed price menu and add in another main from the a la carte and this was very helpful as the portions were generous.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Picchio Verde looks small from the street but has large, cavernous dining rooms within. We were the first diners of the day to arrive but we're made to feel very welcome. Our waitress explained the dishes on the tourist menu and everything we chose from it was delicious. I particularly liked the lasagna and the grilled pork. It's a shame we were only visiting for the day because I would like to return to Picchio Verde and go a la carte.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

order the strozzapreti pasta with any sauce. highly recommend tomato sauce with wild boar. there is a service charge of 2 euro per guest.