“Brilliant”

Price range: US$23 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A multi-sensory journey into the heart of goodness, a new kitchen that choose quality raw materials, reworking his terroir and respects.
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my birthday steak dinner here tremendously. This restaurant is not cheap. The food is cooked well, the muse bouche and other little touches coupled with attentive service make the price justified. We both had steak, different cuts, but both excellent quality. Our waiter recommended a locally produced merlot which was excellent.
A little further up the street is a fountain which if you run round three times you get a certificate for being crazy. Some of the other reviewers seem to have done this first

Reviewed May 23, 2018

It s very hard to find bad food in Umbria but this place did it brilliantly...I don t know about their meats, but what we had was an absolute disaster. We went for lunch. I ordered risotto carbonara and my partner ordered pappardelle all ortica. My risotto was just a low quality boiled rice in what seemed to be a „sauce” made of raw scrambled egg yolk, topped with a low quality very salted fried ham. Worst „risotto” of my life.. I didn t even think that this was possible in the home country of risotto :(. My partner s dish was pretty much the same: tasteless, the sauce seemed to come from a can. The overall impression was of a very low quality ingredients and a complete faking of the recipes.. on top of that, we were ripped off:or these two mains, a starter to share and a still water we paid 48 euro, which is a lot for that region, even in a good restaurant. When we complained to the waitress for the bad quality of the food, she didn t seem shocked, nor impressed, and she had the nerve to suggest us dessert and coffee.

1  Thank ioanadana2016
Reviewed May 2, 2018

The atmosphere was quite nice, pleasantly different from the normal Italian style. The waiters attentive and quick. The quality of the dishes was ok, but nothing exceptional and the price therefore not really justified. The grilled vegetables were a very small portion (one would like to order another one right away) and the slice of eggplant was not cooked enough, so it wasn't tasty at all. The wine list offers bottles of wine (with the prices indicated) or glasses of wine (with no price indication). We were served about 0.1 l each, more a wine tasting then really a glass. One would expect a reasonable relation to the price of the bottle... The price of 8.-€ each we finally found on the bill: way overpriced!

1  Thank Bärbel J
Reviewed March 5, 2018

This is a delicious and creative restaurant with excellent staff and high quality food! I absolutely loved the carbonara risotto, and the steak was prepared perfectly! The staff was welcoming and the atmosphere was warm. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Wasted on non meat eaters but so good - they take their food seriously and do it very well indeed. The Carpaccio di Manzo was enough for about four people and the truffle starter was to die for. Lucky people of Gubbio (and there were a lot of locals in on the night we went) to have this on their doorstep!