1,359 results
All reviews etruscan ruins glass bottom queen mother upgraded to a suite grand hotel underground swimming old town old world charm the general manager elegant hotel star hotel umbrian valley swimming pool buffet breakfast old style perfect location spectacular views
Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

The Brufani Palace was a good value and we plan to return again. All the staff was friendly and helpful, especially Federico. Our Junior Suite was amazing, with all the luxuries we could have hoped for. The dining experience was an unforgettable treat, and the complimentary breakfast was very elegant and delicious. The view from our room over the city was beautiful and we took many pictures. The fitness area and pool were well kept and the Etruscan ruins were displayed in a creative way. I would highly recommend this hotel that has hosted very famous people, including the Queen of England.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Dear Guest,

we thank you very much for your kind review and for planning to come back again in our city and hotel.
I will share your comments with all my staff who I am sure will be very happy and motivated.

We all thank and send you our,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2016

The Brufani is in an ideal location, near Perugia's city center, close to the cathedral and museums yet far enough away, in an elegant street, over-looking a large part of the city - spectacular in the early morning sun. Perfect as a hub from which to explore Umbria. Reception was welcoming and always helpful and discreet. My elegant, traditionally decorated room had every amenity needed, including a superb bathroom. The restaurant had extremely good food, wine and charming, helpful staff. Early Spring weather was cool and sunny and there were few tourists in every site visited.

Date of stay: February 2016

Dear Guest,

it was a real pleasure to read your kind cooments and I thank you very much for the time spent for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our city and hotel.

With our kindest regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2016

We stayed two nights in this fabulous luxury hotel and were very pleased with the view from our suite of the Umbrian hills. The service was impeccable. This included the attractive and helpful front office staff, the porters, and the breakfast staff. Be sure to stay there if you are anywhere near Perugia.

Room tip: Suite with a view of the Umbrian Hills
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel Brufani Palace. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

We had a fabulous 2 nights in Perugia and stayed at the Brufani Palace. The hotel was good but the room was a little hot and there seemed to be a lack of attention to detail; glasses taken for cleaning and not replaced, bed turned down one night but not the next. Overall the location was great. However, we had a surprise when we returned home in the form of an e-mail which said that the Housekeeper had noticed that there were 2 pillows missing. When we checked out there were exactly the same number of pillows in the room and I am sure the staff would have noticed if we had taken them at checkout or at the car they fetched for us. The hotel did not give us any opportunity to answer the accusation, they just said the would take 40€ "compensation". Be warned.

Room tip: Check the content of your room with a member of staff to avoid being accused of theft.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank MikeyP007
Reviewed March 15, 2016

The Location.

The location is fantastic. The Brufani is located right at the top of the hill in the old city. It's got fantastic views of Perugia and its very nice to just step out of the hotel to enjoy the views. From the restaurant, you get great views as well.

The Room.

The room was clean, comfortable, nicely decorated. Bed and pillows are slightly on the firm side, which is to my liking. It was so comfortable that I slept through dinner to the next morning after a long day of travel. The bathroom was a bit small in my opinion, but acceptable. More importantly, the shower pressure was good.

Wifi.

Wifi was good. I had no problems connecting to Wifi and speeds were excellent.

The Restaurant.

The quality of the food was excellent. And the service of the restaurant manager was really top notch. Prices were reasonable. Breakfast was a very good spread as well. There was bacon, scrambled eggs etc, in addition to the usual breads, cheeses, cornflakes, parma ham etc.

The Staff.

All the staff were fantastic - friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was a breeze.

Getting to the Hotel.

I arrived via train to Perugia Station. From there its a 13 Euro metered ride to the hotel.

Conclusion.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SgSojourner
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

what a wondeful review. Thank you very much for the time you spent on it and for your very positive comments, which I have shared with all my staff.

We all thank you very much and hope to have the opportunity to welcome and serve you again in the future.

With our kindest regards,