“Very nice! In the center. Good price.”
Review of San Ercolano Hotel

San Ercolano Hotel
Ranked #32 of 65 Hotels in Perugia
Reviewed 14 October 2009

It is a very nice hotel, really in the middle of the historical center. The staff is specially nice and helpful. I recommend it and I would go there again.

If you are driving, I suggest you call them in advance and arrange how to arrive and park. The old center is a chaos for cars.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank LRBHMG

Reviewed 7 October 2009

Charming traveler's hotel near Church of Sant Ercolano and 2 minutes walk from the center of old Perugia. Friendly, welcoming, helpful staff. Pleasant, clean room, and good breakfast. Excellent value. I always felt welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank pirato
Reviewed 9 June 2009

We had originally booked a room at Hotel Iris in Perugia, but when we arrived it turned out they 'lost' our reservation and didn't have a room for us. Staff at Iris was fairly unpleasant, making it out to be our foult, but they did find a room for us at Sant'Ercolano.

Arriving at Sant'Ercolano was much better, the staff was very friendly and helpfull. We had a lovely room with a private balcony overlooking the medieval street. The location is perfect for seeing all the sights in Perugia, a short walk from everywhere.
Breakfast wasn't very good, not much choice and it didn't feel clean, but as long as you don't mind getting a second breakfast somewhere else you should still stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adevries
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This hotel is in a fantastic location. The view into the little alleyway is brilliant. The receptionist was super-friendly and very helpful. There was free parking. The room was fine. The alleyway got noisy at night: we were there late May on a Friday night, and there is a pub on the corner that had live music (bad classic rock covers!) and people chatting and smoking outside until 2am or so. The music and people wouldn't have seemed loud but the narrow alley really carries the sound. It didn't bother us in the least (we are deep sleepers and were out late ourselves) but if you are looking for a peaceful and early night, this might not be the best spot, at least on a weekend... otherwise highly recommended and amazing value!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hamslam1000
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Well, I am sitting in the hotel right now. I have a good room with a balcony (amazing view) and at a great price. Location is fantastic. You really are in the centre and on the main street within 2-3 minutes. The last review suggested the alleyway was unsafe. Not in my experience. I actually think the narrow medieval streets play on some peoples paranoias – no worries, really. Rooms might lack a little luxury but they are clean and serve the purpose at a great price. Also, the girl behind reception was beautiful, super-friendly and efficient. You can’t really ask for much more. Just a bit gutted I am leaving before the jazz festival starts.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Inveigler3000
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We arrived in Perugia, with thoughts of spending three nights exploring the town. Sadly, this was not possible due to the unacceptable accomodation at San Ercolano Hotel. The location seemed ideal with its close proximity to the medieval centre, though felt very unsafe. The laneway where the hotel resides was very dark & full of drug users asking for money. The room itself had a terrible stench of what seemed to be very strong chemicals, perhaps industrial cleaning chemicals. We had to sleep with the windows open for this reason, which also made our night very loud from noice off the laneway. The bed was also terrible, in fact it was not possible to sit on without sounding like it would fall though the floor. The bed was not the only furniture broken in the room. The only good point was the shower, which had good water pressure. The woman at reception was also friendly and spoke english well. This hotel is definately more a backpackers then hotel, suitable for groups of young travellers.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jjmelbourne
Reviewed 6 January 2008

I went to classes in Perugia and I got the student rate of 30 Euros per night. I had a single room that was very small but adequate. It had a little courtyard off of it that I shared with the room next door. I think I had room 12. The room was very clean.

The staff were incredible. Especially Anna and Ike. Ike is a med student and when I lost some meds, he went with me- after he got off his shift- to the pharmacy to translate and to try to get my meds replaced without a prescription. And, he did!

It was very cold when I was there and they kept bringing me blankets until I was comfortable. The towels are like linens, not terry and fluffy, so bring a towel with you. Breakfast was included.

The hotel is only about 20 feet from the Loch Ness bar which is a very fun place with live music.

It's a short 3-minute walk up the stairs to the center of town.

I don't think they take credit cards. You should ask.

Stayed: November 2007