Priceline
North Kingstown, Rhode Island

Just make the reservation

Review of Hotel Landhaus
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 22, 2015
All too often, we get put off from a hotel if the reservation process is not web-based and standardized. I chose this hotel based solely on reviews posted to various websites Including TA). I sent an email (as directed) to the hotel requesting availability and such. Patrick (one of the owners) promptly sent a note back saying he had a room to meet my needs and that I should simply confirm my desire to book it (again, via email). I did confirm and asked about sending a down payment or offering a credit card to hold the reservation. However, he would have none of this. He said he would look forward to our arrival and that nothing further would be required of me prior to showing up.

Upon our arrival Patrick welcomed us warmly, helped me find a local parking spot (with voucher provided by hotel), and showed us to a simple, yet clean and comfortable room in this old yet well-maintained building. Warm, quite, and a great location from which to venture into Old Town Bern.

Patrick's wife provides a wonderful continental breakfast. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else if back in the Bern area. Thank you very much!
Date of stay: December 2015
Room Tip: Ask for a room without shared bath if important to you.
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    C$212
2.3 km from Hotel Landhaus
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Bern
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2015

This was a great, relatively affordable option in expensive Bern. A decent walk or short bus ride into the old town, a nice, light breakfast of coffee, croissants muesli and cheese, and a neat, creaky, quirky old building with eclectic decor. Staff was friendly and helpful and helped us up the steep stairs with our bags. We even had our own flat screen TV and en suite bathroom!

My only complaint (but a significant one) would be the beds: They were two thin maybe 5" foam mattresses on slats, pushed together for my wife and I, but they were uncomfortable.

Maybe they might have been better for a smaller person (I'm a big guy) but to stay here for 5 days on what was essentially hostel beds, wasn't what I'd hoped for.

I wish them all the best going forward, as I really wanted to rate the place higher, but I'd rather stay somewhere less cool and funky with better beds next time.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank urbanfoodie
Reviewed August 28, 2015

I stayed for three days in the hotel. Hotel is very close to central area and not so far from train station. You have the Aare river only a few meters from the hotel.
I stayed in a twin room and it was very comfortable. Room with shared bathroom , but everything worked fine and the bathroom was always clean.
Staff is absolutely friendly and helpful.
You will love to have breakfast there, because it is delicious. I will never forget the cheese...
The Hotel has a very nice decorative style. It is so beautiful that you enjoy having breakfast or a drink there.
WiFi works ok.
It is an excellent place to stay in Bern. If I go back to Bern, I will stay there again. I loved that hotel.

Room tip: Any Room is OK!.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2015

I strongly agree with other reviewers:
1) Great location; right next to the old-town across the bridge.
2) Prompt staff (good English)
3) Yes, the room is bit minimal, but has everything you need for this level of hotel + good breakfast
4) Public parking right next to the hotel; strong plus for driving travelers.

Price is well justified by all of above reasons. If you're making a short one-night stop at Bern, but still like to stroll around the old-town; I couldn't find anything more convenient than this. Hence, 4 points for me.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on the way to Geneva. Location is beautiful, next to the river. Hosts are very welcoming. There is a lovely buzzing atmosphere in the bar and the garden. Parking is across the road (pay by hour car park, 7pm-7am free). Or you can drive past the hotel along the river to find blue zone free parking (only 200m away).
We had a family room, quite large with a double bed and two bunk beds. Clean and comfortable.
There is a great open air (and free of charge!) swimming pool across the bridge 10 min cycle away - great place to spend a day with kids.
Old city is just across the bridge.
People also swim in the fast flowing river outside of the hotel (jump in, river carries you along for a while, then grab on to railings on the bank to come out and wall back to the start) and it seemed that small children did that with their parents (all locals though). We did not chance it but looked like a lot of fun.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed July 29, 2015

The room was clean and comfortable, the location was convenient for exploring the city, and it was fine for a night in Bern. Our view from a back room on the fourth floor was lovely. The only real con was the lack of an elevator, as climbing the windy steps with our bags is not one of my fondest memories from the trip. Beautiful city, and great place to stay (especially with the decent price).