Lowest prices for your stay
C$261
Bennett C

Excellent, Nice Owner

Review of Hotel Landhaus
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 29, 2016via mobile
Even though the hotel was full, the owner helped us for an hour scour the town of Bern for another place to stay; an excellent service for two struggling with all the German webpages. Even called ahead and reserved a place nearby for us! Very nice.
Date of stay: May 2016
    C$213
2.3 km from Hotel Landhaus
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Bern
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Step out of your comfort zone, reject the predictable environs of a big chain hotel and immerse yourself in the culture and history of this picture post card city. This little hotel did just that for us. The reception hall and desk is incredibly tiny and cramped. No lift, but an old twisting staircase on which we hauled our luggage up to the 2nd floor. Our room was a decent size with a real window that could be opened! The wooden floor sloped madly off into the corner of the room. No ensuite , but the shower/toilet was right outside our door and we didnt encounter any other guest using it during our 3 day stay .Bed and pillows were ok. Good wifi in the room. Breakfast , included in the tariff was a continental, but good (including some amazing Swiss cheeses) Lovely staff. Arriving by train we went straight to the Tourist info centre at the Station and a very helpful young man gave us a map and instructions. Number 12 bus (free) drops you off near the Bear Pit , then cross the road and a short walk down the hill to the Landhaus. Hotel is in easy walking distance to the old town, and also up to the rose gardens and a view of Bern that would be hard to beat. This hotel isnt flash, but it;s real; we loved it.

Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank bitey27
Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

Extremely friendly and warm staff, lovely rooms, wonderful location. Beds were super comfortable, very quiet nights sleep. Great value considering how close the hotel is to the centre of Bern. Highly recommended, would definitely go back if I was staying in Bern.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MicaCutts
Reviewed December 22, 2015

All too often, we get put off from a hotel if the reservation process is not web-based and standardized. I chose this hotel based solely on reviews posted to various websites Including TA). I sent an email (as directed) to the hotel requesting availability and such. Patrick (one of the owners) promptly sent a note back saying he had a room to meet my needs and that I should simply confirm my desire to book it (again, via email). I did confirm and asked about sending a down payment or offering a credit card to hold the reservation. However, he would have none of this. He said he would look forward to our arrival and that nothing further would be required of me prior to showing up.

Upon our arrival Patrick welcomed us warmly, helped me find a local parking spot (with voucher provided by hotel), and showed us to a simple, yet clean and comfortable room in this old yet well-maintained building. Warm, quite, and a great location from which to venture into Old Town Bern.

Patrick's wife provides a wonderful continental breakfast. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else if back in the Bern area. Thank you very much!

Room tip: Ask for a room without shared bath if important to you.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank HommeBon
Reviewed September 22, 2015

This was a great, relatively affordable option in expensive Bern. A decent walk or short bus ride into the old town, a nice, light breakfast of coffee, croissants muesli and cheese, and a neat, creaky, quirky old building with eclectic decor. Staff was friendly and helpful and helped us up the steep stairs with our bags. We even had our own flat screen TV and en suite bathroom!

My only complaint (but a significant one) would be the beds: They were two thin maybe 5" foam mattresses on slats, pushed together for my wife and I, but they were uncomfortable.

Maybe they might have been better for a smaller person (I'm a big guy) but to stay here for 5 days on what was essentially hostel beds, wasn't what I'd hoped for.

I wish them all the best going forward, as I really wanted to rate the place higher, but I'd rather stay somewhere less cool and funky with better beds next time.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank urbanfoodie
Reviewed August 28, 2015

I stayed for three days in the hotel. Hotel is very close to central area and not so far from train station. You have the Aare river only a few meters from the hotel.
I stayed in a twin room and it was very comfortable. Room with shared bathroom , but everything worked fine and the bathroom was always clean.
Staff is absolutely friendly and helpful.
You will love to have breakfast there, because it is delicious. I will never forget the cheese...
The Hotel has a very nice decorative style. It is so beautiful that you enjoy having breakfast or a drink there.
WiFi works ok.
It is an excellent place to stay in Bern. If I go back to Bern, I will stay there again. I loved that hotel.

Room tip: Any Room is OK!.
Date of stay: July 2015