“A real palace, just splendid!”
Review of Hotel d'Angleterre

Hotel d'Angleterre
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We had booked a room "Executive Lake". It was really nice from the beginning to the end: service, decoration, wi-fi, breakfast, everything was just perfect. Even the little chocolate cake placed on the pillows were really excellent. The restaurant Windows looked great, we will definitively try it another time! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JusteLaeti

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a beautiful hotel on the lake front of Geneva, the housekeeping staff being super clean and the service impeccable. I asked for a water kettle on the phone and pots of hot water was delivered to me instead. The only disadvantage I can think of is that the room is very small (typical European size). It would have been a problem if the two guests staying in the same room are not a couple. The only other minor compliant that I have is that the hotel is too close to the "red light district" of Geneva. The area around the hotel is mildly seedy and at night you can spot "hostesses" going to "work". Then again, all of the upscale hotels of Geneva are sitting on the same strip and seem to "suffer" from this same problem. The water pressure and heat were sufficiently strong during our very very cold stay (-20C outside). Being close to the train station was definitely a plus for us in this very cold weather.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharka
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The d'Angleterre and all it's staff provide exemplary service and a real feel of attention.
It was almost 1 year to the day that my wife and I last stayed at the Hotel and we were made to feel as though it was yesterday. We are particularly pleased that it continues to retain its traditional values

Room Tip: Personally we always choose lake view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Jean-Vital D, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to have you back at the Hotel d'Angletere! I am glad you enjoyed this stay as much as the previous one! Sense of hospitality and tradition is a motto for any member of our team.

As you already have tried the culinary experience of our Windows Restaurant, I suggest you try our Leopard bar & lounge for next year's visit ... or even before! You'll enjoy its cosy atmosphere, live music, wide selection of cocktails, wines and spirits. Your best Dover sole will also be available there.

I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Best regards.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed at the Hotel d'Angleterre on a quick an unexpected business trip. While I had no view of Lake Geneva, with a small room in the back to get a rate that would not raise questions with my corporate travel department, it was delightful. This particular room was small but beautifully decorated and so cozy I would have been happy to have been snowed in for a week with room service. Service was absolutely perfect - attentive, helpful, knowledgeable. I would return in a heartbeat and recommend this property to anyone passing through Geneva with no hesitations.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kyminasia
Jean-Vital D, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thanks for the warmth of your comment. Your feedback is a real reward for our team and we are all so proud of Gilles and Emilie.

We look forward for your next visit ! Maybe that will give you the opportunity to experience both the cosy ambiance and the delicate cuisine of our Windows Restaurant. If you feel like spending a while confortably seated with your favourite cocktail next to the fireplace, then try the Leopard Bar & Lounge and enjoy the soul and funcky music played Live every evening

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had a fantastic 5 night stay at this hotel with our 2 sons (aged 17 and 20 ). The location couldn't be better, you can walk to most places - we walked to dinners every night all over the city. The rooms are lovely and large as are the bathrooms. Most importantly the staff was so fantastic. The reservations were exactly as we arranged. Gilles, the manager, was so kind and welcoming! Emilie - the concierge was particularly helpful from the very moment we arrived through our stay. All of the front desk staff, the doormen and the housekeeping staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Please give them all our thanks for making our visit such a pleasant one.

Room Tip: The front rooms face Lake Geneva - beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Remembertoenjoy
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Very nice hotel over-looking Lake Gevena. Like most hotels in Geneva, or indeed Switzerland, this hotel is far from cheap.Very nice room, with comfortable bed. The staff at reception were friendly, polite and helpful.
Was only here on business, but would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is probably quieter, but the front has the view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Jean-Vital D, Manager at Hotel d'Angleterre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you emjoyed the accommodation and the service you received from reception team. I will share your thanks with them.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2012 and we hope to welcome you back in the New Year, could it be for work purposes or leisure !

Best Regards.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

What a wonderful hotel, the staff are just magnificent from the front doorman, the concierge, the waiters and bar staff, they were all just great, remembered your name, anticipated you needs, the only other thing needed was a comfortable room and it was provided. We had a corner room, that was like a small apartment, overlooking the lake what a great view. The location was great, just across the road was the little ferries or you could walk to the old town and the major shopping area in about 15 min.
The Leopard Bar was just great for a few evening drinks and a super range of canapés, it was easy to get stuck there and forget about dinner.
I would describe it as slightly expensive but the saying we have in Australia "you get what you pay for" applies to this hotel, it was value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, I am not sure but I think they may all be lake view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WreckerBob

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel D'angleterre Geneva. I was delighted read that you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as the charm and the ambiance in our Leopard Bar.

I wish you all the best for this new 2012 year and hope we will have the opportunity to greet soon on the shores of Lake Leman !

Warmest Regards