“i kinda enjoyed this place”

Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
Ranked #58 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 4 April 2017

hello everybody

Here is my impression of BEST WESTERN Hotel Strasbourg. Stayed in March 2017.
1/ Location is absolutely strategic and literally next to Gare de Cornavin ( Geneva main train station), do not forget to get a free ticket from the airport and ask reception for the tourist free pass for all modes of transport in canton during your entire stay in the hotel. I did not actually ask for this free ticket it was given to me at once at the check-in time.
2/ Room. Cozy, about 18-20 sq. m – the actual size varies as the building as lots of angles in its geometry . I stayed in non-renovated section ( just forgot to mention it in the request) - very comfy bed, working desk with a chair, plasma TV, a small table with armchairs, Mini Bar, Coffee And Tea Maker, Safe. Bathroom has a shower cabin ( acrylic) and mirror with sink., No slippers/ no bathrobe. Bathroom amenities provided only in dispensers attached to the wall. All provided towels are very clean and pleasantly soft.
3/ Internet. Free wifi in rooms and public ares, good signal quality but maximum for 3 devices.
4/ Breakfast. Rather average and a bit less than i expected and experienced before in my previous stays in Switzerland. Yet, it was quite enough for productive start of the day: coffee machine, boiled eggs, few cold cuts ( ham and cheese), cereals, selection of jams, croissants and yogurts.
5/ Housekeeping. VERY nice working, invisible and paying a good attention toward their work. High praise.
6/ Access to the lift - free/ room - via key ( a real key, not a key card). You have to leave the key at the reception whilst going out every time.
7/ Reception. All hotel personnel I interacted with were courteous, knowledgeable, spoke English in a good level and showed dedication to their work and genuine care for the guest`s need. Very satisfying and positive attitude. All their recommendations about where to have meal etc were spot on.
8/ Will I stay there again and recommend to my friends – affirmative YES, as the price is simply the best in Geneva and the hotel is perfect for a short stopover/ business trip or leisure stay.
If you have further questions about BEST WESTERN Hotel Strasbourg, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Schonefeld

Room Tip: ask for the renovated room with laminated floor
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
18  Thank Schonefeld
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having taken the time to post your very detailed comments regarding our property.
It with the help of guest like you that we can improve our service and we thank you for your stay with us. We do hope on having the pleasure in welcoming you gain maybe some other time in the future.

With finest regards from Geneva.

Front desk.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I paid double room for solo use... but i ve got small room. When i asked for double room receptor told me that i ve got it. no way. room no 206 is defenitlly single room ... I was really disapointed not because of the room but because he was looking me in my face and lied ...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
4  Thank an24sun
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I stayed there overnight, the hotel location was perfect just 2 minutes from the train station. Check-in was smooth and quick, and they even provided some free local transport card and some restaurant and entertainment tips.

However, I have booked my room directly via Best Western Website, I'm their diamond member and even asked at the check-in which benefits i would receive, he didn't really know however said that I don't need to worry as all their rooms are new and guests usually don't complain.
The room I got was definitely NOT new and as i called back to ask about this issue, he told me that they were fully booked and next time I should ask specifically for a room with no carpet and a new room... Was I supposed to know that?! I would expect better room allocation planning especially to en elite member. Furthermore, their safe didn't work and the shower was pretty old.

Room Tip: rooms with no carpet and ask for the new rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yuvalgolan
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I will not comment the price since Geneva is extremely expensive.Having in mind prices in other hotels - over 200 euros per night - this hotel seems to be good value. The price was 150 euros.
My previous experiences taught me not to expect much in Geneva hotels.
This time I was wrong.
The room is of a usual Best Western style. It is a small room but with everything you might need, including iron. Well heated and with small but equipped bathroom.
If at first sight looks too small, the room is very very comfortable and the size doesn't spoil comfortability.
Staff are very polite, very professional and incredibly nice and welcoming.
The hotel is in the center,about 500m from the Lake and bridge and 2 minutes from the train station.
Breakfast could be better. It is a cold buffe with rather poor choices, especially for those who eat vegan food. They indeed had soya milk and cereals and fruit but nothing else.
Nevertheless if I come to Geneva again, I will opt for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NBPI
Reviewed 27 January 2017

Stayed at this hotel in November. The hotel is conveniently located two minutes walk from the train station, however it is in the second street back so the surrounding area is not too noisy. A short walk from the centre of Geneva, 10 minutes from the lake and main shopping area.

The hotel is comfortable and well maintained. Facilities within the hotel are more than adequate for a night stay. My room had a spacious en suite as well as a fridge and television.

Reception staff are friendly and are more than willing to give advice about the best places to eat and visit in the local vicinity. Particularly grateful to the receptionist on the late shift as I was unsure of where to go for my evening meal, he directed me to the nearby Au Petit Chalet where I had an exquisite fish and rice dish.

I opted to have breakfast included in my stay; whilst there was a good selection of sweet pastries and cereals to choose from the selection was otherwise a little limited. However, the selection on offer was to a very high standard.

Would stay again if I revisit Geneva.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Connor6694
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Yes it's quite clean, yes it's well-maintained, yes I got a good rate, yes breakfast was fine, but that's it. I must say it was very noisy both nights, and in addition I could hear everything people said... and did... in the neighboring room so there are some sound insulation issues. Apart from this last point, the word "decent" seems to cover it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is steps away from the train station (convenient for train commuters and flyers alike - it is a free 5 minute train ride from the airport to Cornavin station) , and a pleasant walkable distance to the lake. The hotel will also give tourists a free transit pass. I usually don't like hotels near a train station for safety reasons, but Geneva felt very safe and I felt comfortable walking about.

I had a corner room with views of the city streets. It was winter so there weren't too many people about and I didn't notice any noise. The room had hard wood / laminate flooring which I much prefer to the usual carpet, and was spotless. The bathroom was modern with a shower stall. There were two complimentary bottles of spring water in the room - much appreciated considering the price of bottled water in Geneva! (Or the price of anything, really) I also want to compliment the staff at front desk - helpful and friendly!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to explore Geneva but not looking it spend a fortune - clean, comfortable and convenient. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo