All reviewstrain stationcontinental breakfastmini barfree wifiwalking distance to the lakehotel is locatedconvenient locationexcellent locationpublic transporttwo blocksmin walknice breakfastold townsingle roomyogurtfree passbusiness trip
Reviewed February 10, 2017

I paid double room for solo use... but i ve got small room. When i asked for double room receptor told me that i ve got it. no way. room no 206 is defenitlly single room ... I was really disapointed not because of the room but because he was looking me in my face and lied ...

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
4  Thank an24sun
Reviewed February 8, 2017

I stayed there overnight, the hotel location was perfect just 2 minutes from the train station. Check-in was smooth and quick, and they even provided some free local transport card and some restaurant and entertainment tips.

However, I have booked my room directly via Best Western Website, I'm their diamond member and even asked at the check-in which benefits i would receive, he didn't really know however said that I don't need to worry as all their rooms are new and guests usually don't complain.
The room I got was definitely NOT new and as i called back to ask about this issue, he told me that they were fully booked and next time I should ask specifically for a room with no carpet and a new room... Was I supposed to know that?! I would expect better room allocation planning especially to en elite member. Furthermore, their safe didn't work and the shower was pretty old.

Room Tip: rooms with no carpet and ask for the new rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yuvalgolan
Reviewed February 5, 2017

I will not comment the price since Geneva is extremely expensive.Having in mind prices in other hotels - over 200 euros per night - this hotel seems to be good value. The price was 150 euros.
My previous experiences taught me not to expect much in Geneva hotels.
This time I was wrong.
The room is of a usual Best Western style. It is a small room but with everything you might need, including iron. Well heated and with small but equipped bathroom.
If at first sight looks too small, the room is very very comfortable and the size doesn't spoil comfortability.
Staff are very polite, very professional and incredibly nice and welcoming.
The hotel is in the center,about 500m from the Lake and bridge and 2 minutes from the train station.
Breakfast could be better. It is a cold buffe with rather poor choices, especially for those who eat vegan food. They indeed had soya milk and cereals and fruit but nothing else.
Nevertheless if I come to Geneva again, I will opt for this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NBPI
Reviewed January 27, 2017

Stayed at this hotel in November. The hotel is conveniently located two minutes walk from the train station, however it is in the second street back so the surrounding area is not too noisy. A short walk from the centre of Geneva, 10 minutes from the lake and main shopping area.

The hotel is comfortable and well maintained. Facilities within the hotel are more than adequate for a night stay. My room had a spacious en suite as well as a fridge and television.

Reception staff are friendly and are more than willing to give advice about the best places to eat and visit in the local vicinity. Particularly grateful to the receptionist on the late shift as I was unsure of where to go for my evening meal, he directed me to the nearby Au Petit Chalet where I had an exquisite fish and rice dish.

I opted to have breakfast included in my stay; whilst there was a good selection of sweet pastries and cereals to choose from the selection was otherwise a little limited. However, the selection on offer was to a very high standard.

Would stay again if I revisit Geneva.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Connor6694
Reviewed January 25, 2017

Yes it's quite clean, yes it's well-maintained, yes I got a good rate, yes breakfast was fine, but that's it. I must say it was very noisy both nights, and in addition I could hear everything people said... and did... in the neighboring room so there are some sound insulation issues. Apart from this last point, the word "decent" seems to cover it.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business