All reviewstrain stationcontinental breakfastmini barfree wifiwalking distance to the lakehotel is locatedconvenient locationexcellent locationpublic transporttwo blocksmin walknice breakfastold townsingle roomyogurtfree passbusiness trip
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

The reason I gave a 2 star is because it has no air conditioning, which I didn't realise until I walked in the room on a very hot day. All it had was a pedestal fan that had a timer on it. I have since read a few of management replies about most 3 star hotels not having air con, to me that is a cop out. Even a ceiling fan would have been better than the cheap fan that was in the room. Result was lack of sleep and not enjoying Geneva as we should have because we were so tired. If it had air con my review would have been 3 to 4 stars. The location is perfect. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. I would have thought being a best western it would have had tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was super hard. The internet was good. The breakfast was ok. Sadly I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Cheriiel,

We thank you for your stay with us as well as for taking the time to post your comments.
This will help us to improve our service for the future.
With best regards from Geneva.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

I booked this hotel because we had a 530 train out of Geneva in the morning. My family stayed here only one night. We had four rooms to accommodate seven people. The big thing here is there is no air conditioning! Literally, we had to open our windows and put oscillating fans in front of them. And this was in July. By morning, everyone in my family was cranky and tired. There is a very active bar next-door so while your windows are open and you can hear the drunks out in the street until the very wee hours walking under your window. The only upside is that the clerk who works the front desk is as sweet and courteous as you could want in anybody.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear Amber,

I thank you for posting your comments concerning your stay with us.
Indeed, our property has no air-conditioning at all, like many, -if not most- three-star properties in Geneva. Being close-by the Geneva railway station is convenient if you are to make use of the train, however the railways station area is also where you have the most restaurants and pubs.

Thanking you again for your stay with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

The room on the whole was ok. Nothing major wrong with it. The only slight moan I have is that the room is very small. So for a couple of nights, perfect, but for any longer... maybe be uncomfortable.

It was a hot day too, and there is no air conditioning however we did have a fan in our room already which helped a great deal.

Check in and reception was fabulous.

Would stay again for a standard city break.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Dear Amichoo,

We thank you for having posted your comments regarding your stay with us.
Indeed, it has been unusually hot these past days in Geneva.

Thanking you for your stay with us and looking forward in welcoming you again maybe some other time in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Normally choose Best Western hotels for their quality- but I agree with other recent reviewers. Our room was far too warm for comfort and the fan provided made very little difference. Opening the window only led to the noise from outside interrupting sleep further.

No tea or coffee in rooms. On the plus side, Jean-Pierre at reception is great and the breakfast was ok.
Would not recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Dear James B

We thank you for having taken the time to post your comments.
Tea & coffee is available at the front desk where you can pick up one of our boilers.

Indeed, our property has no air-conditioning at all. This is however, the case for most three-star hotels in Geneva.

With best regards.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We stayed at this hotel on the last day of our vacation. The hotel has a great location, one block from the train station and walking distance to the lake. The room was clean and comfortable but there is no air conditioning, and the street noise was very disturbing. Things didn't quite down until around 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple