“Very average”

Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a three star hotel at best, Staff were pleasant, Breakfast was very average. Small room and the smallest lift I have ever been in. No air con. Close to train your Dragon,OK if you just want a bed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Few steps from the main train station and with a public parking just on the back, this hotel is really convenient. I have been staying here a few times over the years for my infrequent business trips to Geneva, with full satisfaction. It is not expensive (for Geneva), too. However, they have a fully functional reception, good medium-sized rooms with modern functional bathrooms, good breakfast buffet. Good free wifi too. The carpet on the floors and the too soft mattress are the only thing I don't like but alas..

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I've given this Hotel only 2 stars but it does have some good things, these being:
1. Friendly, helpful staff (especially on breakfast duties)
2. The breakfast is decent.
3. The rooms have beds.

Ok, the bad things:

1. Bad place to sleep.Neither me nor my wife managed to sleep very well at all while there (only 2 nights, fortunately).
2. The reason for the lack of sleep was because the hotel is situated on a busy (noisy) road with a typical continental restaurant on the pavement right opposite.
3. No air conditioning. The weather was hot so at night we were faced with either having the windows open for fresh air (but also letting in all the noise of the street) or close the windows and having to run a big noisy fan.

I would not recommend the hotel to anyone who likes to sleep at night.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 29 August 2017

In the context of Geneva not bad value. Rooms on the small side and no airconditioning so may not be suitable for July and August. Very friendly service, would stay here again. Good location just opposite the station but the hotel is on a side street so it's much quieter than the plethora of hotels diresctly overlooking Geneva main station.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The reason I gave a 2 star is because it has no air conditioning, which I didn't realise until I walked in the room on a very hot day. All it had was a pedestal fan that had a timer on it. I have since read a few of management replies about most 3 star hotels not having air con, to me that is a cop out. Even a ceiling fan would have been better than the cheap fan that was in the room. Result was lack of sleep and not enjoying Geneva as we should have because we were so tired. If it had air con my review would have been 3 to 4 stars. The location is perfect. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. I would have thought being a best western it would have had tea and coffee making facilities. The bed was super hard. The internet was good. The breakfast was ok. Sadly I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Cheriiel,

We thank you for your stay with us as well as for taking the time to post your comments.
This will help us to improve our service for the future.
With best regards from Geneva.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I booked this hotel because we had a 530 train out of Geneva in the morning. My family stayed here only one night. We had four rooms to accommodate seven people. The big thing here is there is no air conditioning! Literally, we had to open our windows and put oscillating fans in front of them. And this was in July. By morning, everyone in my family was cranky and tired. There is a very active bar next-door so while your windows are open and you can hear the drunks out in the street until the very wee hours walking under your window. The only upside is that the clerk who works the front desk is as sweet and courteous as you could want in anybody.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Amber,

I thank you for posting your comments concerning your stay with us.
Indeed, our property has no air-conditioning at all, like many, -if not most- three-star properties in Geneva. Being close-by the Geneva railway station is convenient if you are to make use of the train, however the railways station area is also where you have the most restaurants and pubs.

Thanking you again for your stay with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The room on the whole was ok. Nothing major wrong with it. The only slight moan I have is that the room is very small. So for a couple of nights, perfect, but for any longer... maybe be uncomfortable.

It was a hot day too, and there is no air conditioning however we did have a fan in our room already which helped a great deal.

Check in and reception was fabulous.

Would stay again for a standard city break.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Strasbourg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Amichoo,

We thank you for having posted your comments regarding your stay with us.
Indeed, it has been unusually hot these past days in Geneva.

Thanking you for your stay with us and looking forward in welcoming you again maybe some other time in the future.