All reviews train station public transport room was small but clean salvation army ten minute walk great shower free wifi air conditioner one night stay old town short stay boiled eggs early check central location comfy bed geneva hotels swiss francs
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

We wanted a hotel that also included breakfast at a reasonable price as we knew eating out would be expensive in Geneva. This hotel was reasonable and reviews said great location so we thought we’d try it. We most certainly weren’t disappointed! We arrived at approx 5pm and were given a room on the 6th floor, pleasant enough view out of the window from the bedroom. Bedroom and bathroom were clean and tidy and a decent enough size for what we needed. Location was perfect, easy enough walk from the train station and then a short walk to the river. Breakfast had plenty of choice, from pastries to fruit and yoghurt and also the option to make your own boiled eggs! Staff were pleasant throughout the stay, both breakfast and reception. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting for a few days!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ibis2154, Assistant Manager at ibis Geneve Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Becks1991,

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

This is a pleasant and reasonably priced hotel within easy reach of the centre of the city (14 tram or 8 bus). The staff were very helpful and were able to assist with any questions we had.

The room was spacious for 3 with a good sofa bed and nice shower. The tv channel selection was incredible for a hotel! There was a nice courtyard garden area to sit in next to the reception.

The breakfast was very good and reasonable considering how expensive Geneva is. The evening meals were good and reasonably priced too.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again although Geneva itself is an expensive place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Begumandsteven,

Reviewed May 6, 2018

A short walk from the train station, this hotel is clean and surprisingly quiet. Including a good self-service breakfast buffet, I paid CHF 240 all-in which is good value in Geneva. In town for an evening event, all I wanted was a good night's sleep, a hot shower, and breakfast. That is what I got. And the entrance was well-guarded when I returned late at night. I felt quite safe.

Room Tip: perhaps the rooms not on the rue Voltaire are even more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jarchcun,

Reviewed March 29, 2018

We stayed here for two nights as part of a city break trip to Geneva.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, has all the amenities you need if you are just having a quick stay in the city.

The breakfast selection although small had everything you need.

Perfect location, 5 mins to train station or 7/10 mins to the centre of Geneva.

Our only issue was the communication of Ibis Online vs Ibis Staff at the hotel:

- I booked late checkout till 5pm online and have the confirmation of the man at receptionl said I did not book this however he could add it on but we would need to checkout at 4pm. Due to being under time constraints to get a train, I reluctantly agreed to this however this change did impact our original travel plans for the final day.

- I received an email from an Ibis with my invoice. The email clearly states I can drop the hotel key in fast checkout box and the card I booked with will automatically be charged within 24 hours with the amount seen in the invoice.
I went to do this and the man at reception called me back to pay directly at the desk and disagreed with me when i told him what the email said. It seemed as though he didn't trust I could pay despite already checking the card I booked with was valid on arrival. Luckily we were not in a rush however it would be frustrating if you were under time constraints.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kari M
Serena L, Service-réservation at ibis Geneve Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Kari M,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on Tripadvisor,I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location.

At Ibis Geneve Centre gare, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

ATIF Amal
Service réservation

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Have just spent three nights at this Ibis and it was very good. Great location for exploring central Geneva, close to central railway station with quick transfers to the airport. The room was small but spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed. Extra pillows supplied upon request by extremely polite and helpful man on reception for whom nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Lovely hot shower, plenty of towels and basic toiletries. No complaints at all at this hotel. Great value, great service, great place.

Stayed: March 2018
Serena L, Service-réservation at ibis Geneve Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Dear Luckylady21england,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Geneve Centre Gare.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Regards,