“best pasta in Geneva!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great pasta variety, house antipasto was abundant and the atmosphere very familiar! I'd definitely go back if visiting Geneva again, staff was nice and friendly, I appreciated the chef welcomed us!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was in Geneva on business and staying near L'Etna. I didn't realise just how quiet Geneva was on a Sunday evening and the takeaway part of L'Etna was one of the few places open nearby.

I had a spicy sausage pizza, with added Gorgonzola. It was awesome - one of the best pizzas I've had, and if I'm back in Geneva anytime I'll go back.

Paid 15 CHF in total - not a bargain pizza but not bad at all by Geneva prices.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The food is deliciously Italian, the meat and fish as well (not only pizza and pasta). The only setback is for frequent clients, since we end up knowing the menu by heart and wishing they could offer something new, not because it's not good but because .. we love variety!

At noon the place is smart/chic for a job-related lunch, and at night it's quiet and romantic.

1  Thank lilsfole
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I had not visited this restaurant since 2012 and had heard they had changed owners. I was apprehensive but very pleased when I visited with 4 friends a week ago. The antipasto was copious and correct. The paste was as good as I remembered and clearly had a lot of attention paid to it. Service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Located in a street in the Acacias neighborhood, this is the sort of restaurant you won't find as a visitor or tourist unless you take the time to check out reviews by locals.

Not sure if I'm allowed the URL for that list, but it can be found here: http://www.itaste.com/list/fr/suisse/carouge-ge.html

It's a small restaurant with about 15 tables, decorated with the typical Italian restaurant kitsch but with a personal touch. Nothing modern about this place, clearly we're here for the warm ambiance and the great food. I had dinner alone as I was on a business trip so was I happy to see the TV in the corner was set to Rai Uno, showing AC Milan - Juventus.

Had a simple green salad as a starter that was fresh, then went for one of the daily specials, home made ravioli with truffels. Very rich, and very nice! Note that only the stuffed pastas are home made, and the spaghetti etc aren't. Had a glass of the house red wine which was good.

Couldn't get myself to order a tiramisu or panna cotta although I was tempted by the sight of the neighbors' desserts.

Finished with an espresso and a grappa, bringing the total bill at 57 CHF which is more than reasonable for the freshness and quality of the food.