All reviews micro wave near the train station hairdryer checkin lake
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I ended up at this place after a stuff up with my booking for Novotel. And obviously not happy to have paid for 4 star and only got 2 star in the red light district.

If u are looking for a cheaper place in Geneva and don't mind being harrassed by drug dealers, or followed to the train in the morning - than this is the place for u.

Apart from that, the location is actually pretty good, some great restaurants within 2 minute walk. I actually felt safer at night when there were lots of other people on the street than early
Morning when it was just me and te pimps/drug dealers!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2017

The room itself is adequate but the neighbourhood is incredibly shady and dangerous. Prostitutes and drug dealers line the streets all day and night. There is no security at the front of the building and drug dealers wait at the entrance and approach you when you try to enter. I would not recommend this hotel for any woman. I felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time and had to spend the rest of nights at my friend's hotel because I felt so unsafe at this hotel....DO NOT STAY HERE. Novotel should be ashamed to be associated with such a place. Incredibly disappointing and a waste of money.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Extremely poor service. Fail to provide very basics and are arrogant about it. Poorly trained staff and ill mannered managers. Should have read earlier ratings before going to this place. If you value customer friendly behaviour, avoid this place like the plague.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Plus: location close to the Railway station and to a few restaurants nearby (but closed in the afternoon). 5-10 min walk from lakeshore.
Minus: noisy rooms (from the street or the surrounding rooms), old amenities. Check-in though the hotel around the corner. Shady neighborhood (ref lights districts meters away).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2017

First of all, this is part of a complex with Novotel so you need to go to the Reception at the Novotel where you check-in. Very friendly staff.

Then it is a short walk to get to the entrance to Residence Studio (2mins walk max). There are few floors either via lift (small and old lift) or via stairs.

My room was small but clean with towels and shower products. The kitchen had few plates, glasses and cutlery + micro wave + fridge. We only used the fridge for keeping our water fresh but be aware you can't really cook anything, it is more for heating up food with a micro-wave.

Wifi is free and good. They also give you a free Geneva transport ticket to use during your stay. There is A/C available too (the one is our room could be a bit noisy when at full speed).

Great location: 5min walk from Cornavin train station and 5min to the waterfront. The area is a bit dodg but it is safe. We were two women walking late at night and we were never in trouble.

It is not a 5 stars hotel or a 5 star studio, you pay for what you get in Geneva especially at this rate.. If I come back again in Geneva, I would stay here again as other accomodations are way more expensive than this one.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends