“Excellent experience ”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Went as a group of 3 friends on a Friday night, as part of the Geneva motor show weekend. We did not make any reservations beforehand which was a mistake, as it was fully booked, however a table was given to us after the waiter rang and found out that they were no shows.

Once sat, we were greeted by another friendly waitress who made no judgements about us wanting an English menu. Some other European countries - and other restaurants in Geneva as well I might add - get very awkward about this scenario.

Food was excellent. My medium steak and marrow with red wine sauce was what I hoped it would be, as was the oeufs a la niege. My mates had no complaints about their dishes either.

The atmosphere of the place was great, with everyone clearly enjoying themselves with food and wine. I noted both locals and visitors in all 20 tables of the restaurant, which was full even at 2200 when we finally left.

All in all great food enhanced by wonderful service and atmosphere.

1  Thank Jonathan W

Reviewed March 3, 2018

No deception possible in this long run local restaurant of the Paquis district. Just be aware it’s very noisy.

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing evening with great food. Don't miss the rossini beef. The wine selection was excellent. This is constant success and we'll keep going back.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

As a solo traveler I look for old, vintage and friendly places to dine and Boeuf Rouge was all I was looking for in Geneva. The steak was tender and juicy but the chocolate cake was a little too sweet for my taste.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

This is probably the best French restaurant in Geneva. Their home made pate is just divine. The restaurant waiters are all very friendly and offer excellent recommendations. This place is a must when in Geneva