“Very good steak frites, retro charm, reasonable price”

L'Entrecote Couronnee
Ranked #25 of 1,882 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$51
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pâquis Navigation
Reviewed December 19, 2017

My second time here, as the restaurant is located a 3 minute walk from my office. I went last night with my wife and two Belgian guests. I was very impressed with the tender entrecote (steak), the excellent sauce and the hot and tasty french fries. The meal also came with well prepared mixed vegetables and a mixed salad with a slightly spicy dressing . Before the meal, we were served an amuse bouche (small appetizer) consisting of a sausage terrine. One of our guests had the fish and said it was excellent. Other menu choices available too.

Wines were good and correctly priced.

I liked the atmosphere, which is turn of the century (19th to 20th) French bistro, with attentive service.

In all a very nice evening. Centrally located near most of the hotels on the Rive Droite, just a few steps from lac Léman, for a nice after-meal walk along the lake before retiring. . recommend it highly.

1  Thank Roy F R

Reviewed December 12, 2017

This is a consistently excellent destination restaurant and never disappoints with great service with a smile from Maurice and his team and a convivial atmosphere.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Meets the locals in a cosmopolitan atmosphere This is the right spot to enjoy an excellent cuisine in a cozy environment. Food and service are very good.

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant. It fills quickly so probably best to book in order to be sure of a table but worth trying your luck if you don’t book. The food is unfussy but always excellent. The service is informal and friendly. The chef and owner (Maurice) usually comes out to visit the tables to make sure everyone enjoyed their meal which is a nice touch. As to price, Geneva is not an inexpensive city and I am sure you will not get a better meal (and many worse meals) at the the prices charged here. As you can tell I am a fan and try to eat here at least once very time I am in Geneva.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

We came here as it was just around the corner from our hotel. A nice meal had, would recommend the beef carpaccio and the beef medallions. We ordered a starter and main but didn't have dessert as the meal was filling, we were given an aperitif and a little amuse bouche along with bread. With a karaffe of wine this came to around £70 each, more expensive than UK but reasonable for Geneva. Friendly waiter, who spoke English.