“Mediocre at best”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Pâquis Navigation
Reviewed March 6, 2018

I ordered LE BUENO PENNE CAMICIA NERA ...black olives, garlic and parsley. It was a disaster. Over cooked penne pasta swimming in oil topped with some kind of tasteless mud straight out of a commercial jar.This spot is way overpriced, is basically a high school cafeteria when it comes to quality and standards.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

What a hidden gem, went for lunch after friend highly recommended and we weren't disappointed. Service was fast and friendly and food was to die for. Highly recommend for the best pizza and pasta in town

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Well, I've been there many times and one can say that the only thing that doesn't change is the menu and the place. It's small with few seats around a bar counter. In summer, there's 2 or 3 tables outside. I do not recommend to eat outside since you would eat on the sidewalk, in the red district of Geneva. So stay inside, the place is pleasant. The service is fast since there are few seats, around 15. I agree with some reviews, in a certain extend. Money, money and money. They push the sales, the drinks in particular. As far as you drink, they are kind. Otherwise, it can be sometimes an unpleasant experience, depending on the waiter. Above all, the pizza is really, really good, one of the best in Geneva. The choice is both large and original. Not that much pricey for this town. Even after 10h00 they keep on serving, till 23h00 I would say. They don't accept credit cards.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

tiny restaurant with pleasant food that lost outstanding service & now treats regulars like sh....I cannot count the number of pizzas I have bought in this restaurant in all these years and recommendations I have given...food is not bad at all, but the soul of this restaurant was an outstanding waiter who mastered efficiency, courtesy, kindness, respect for regulars...I went back again and again because this guy was just amazing...the rest is quite average from location, to prices that are high (bearing in mind the pizzas are barely sufficient for people with a solid appetitie)...but a while ago, the fantastic waiter left, and the soul is gone....what remains? A small expensive restaurant (for what it has to offer) with a rude waiter that pushes clients, does not say sorry, treats regulars like they should be grateful to eat there...the pizzaiolo treated us with extreme rudeness as well and clearly the only concern is maximizing profit....the food scene is changing with a number of cute restaurants in paquis offering pleasant or even yummie food and have fantastic service, so my advice? Don't stop at espresso clun if you don't want to be pushed or shouted at, and become a regular somewhere else!!

1  Thank Videlie
Reviewed March 18, 2017

I used to love going here, sitting at the counter, drinking a glass of great red wine, eating a delicious pizza and chatting with the super friendly staff, especially Timotei. I don't know what happened or when, but they are clearly no longer about the customer. I stopped in here with two friends last night at around 10pm. It was crowded, but not full. We were seated by the front window, and immediately ordered a bottle of red to share between two of us, while my other friend ordered a pint of beer, which probably would have been followed in short order by another. The waiter dropped off our drinks and menus, and came back a few minutes later to take our order. Two of us ordered pizzas while the third, who had already eaten that evening, ordered a Tiramisu. We were absolutely stunned when the waiter told my friend he also needed to order a pizza, or a salad. We protested enough that the waiter said he would consult the manager. He came back almost immediately confirming the 'policy' - order a pizza or a salad or leave. We pushed back again, pointing out that we had shared pizzas in the past with our wives, and that hadn't posed a problem. The waiter wouldn't budge, so we said thanks and walked out the door, leaving our beer and wine untouched on the counter. I get it that this is a restaurant, and there isn't a lot of seating, and they can't just let people take up a seat during busy times, but all three of us ordered something, and we were likely to order more! I just can't believe that they would so willingly lose three longstanding customers over one pizza, but I can assure you, they did.

5  Thank Andrew W