All reviews lovely view mount titlis town balcony views cheese switzerland mountains cereal heaven
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

We drove to this place from Montreux and did not use the car during our 2 night stay here as one can walk to any place in less than 15 minutes. The view from the room was awesome especially at night. We only had breakfast in the hotel. Cheese omelet was too good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Our room was well appointed with a balcony which overlooked the mountains and river. A good selection of cereal, fruits, bread, ham and cheeses for breakfast with good coffee. The evening meal was also good value for Switzerland. The staff were friendly and helpful including lending us a charger as we didn’t have an appropriate one with us

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2018

We had a lovely time here. The best views to wake up to in the morning and also at night. The hotel is situated on top of a hill overlooking Engelberg. The rooms were good and cozy, everything was wooden, giving it a lodge feel. There were a few bugs in the room, but I'm guessing this was due to the location of the hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and the food was good. The only problem I had was with the wifi signal, didn't reach the rooms and was only available at the lobby. But even at the lobby, the signal was weak.
I loved this hotel, especially because of the views. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2017

A good hotel to stay in, on a little side of the city. Good rooms with all facilities and services. A live band performs in the evening ( not to miss), enjoyed the music and performance a lot ( noise for others - maybe).

Rooms provide great view of the city day and night. I really enjoyed my little stay in the place.

Haven't ordered food here so cannot say, only addition to facility is to provide free wifi service instead of being paid.

Reception counter closes at around 9/10 pm so kindly finish all your asks before that as no one will be available at counter after that.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I've stayed twice at the Bänklialp and found my experiences both times to be outstanding. The hotel itself is rather secluded and sits atop a hill that overlooks Engelberg. The room met my expectations - it was clean, cozy and quiet. The restaurant had excellent options and the cuisine was first-rate. On Saturday evenings there is usually a small ensemble of musicians that meet in the dining room and perform authentic 'Ländlermusig' (Swiss folk music). I enjoyed the entertainment and chatting with the other guests who were all having a great time. The Bänklialp is just a fabulous hotel and the perfect place to feel the culture of Central Switzerland all around you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo