“Fantastic location”

Ranked #60 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night on our Cosmos tour. We found the staff friendly, and the room very pleasant. The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is a stone's throw from the lake. The Chapel/Covered Bridge is only a 10-minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sofia D, Leiter Front Office at Luzernerhof Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2017
Dear guest
Thank you very much for you feedback. We will forward your rating and concerns to our supervisors in order to constantly improve our services.
Your Luzernerhof team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My room was very small with a single bed, but absolutely spotless with lovely decor. Not much room for my gigantic suitcase. The bed was very comfortable. There is only one lift but I tend to use the stairs anyway. I stayed in autumn so no need for an air conditioner so that would probably be a problem in the summertime. Breakfast was basic continental. Great location. No iron available which was annoying.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here as part of our Cosmos tour. We found the rooms to be very basic with no tea/coffee making facilities. No air conditioning either which wasn't good with 30+ degrees and we couldn't leave windows open as it was too noisy. One redeeming point was that one of the reception staff remember our room number before we got to the desk to collect our keys (have to leave keys at reception when you go out). Breakfast was OK. Only one lift and the porters use the same life for the luggage so ended up walking up/down stairs as it was quicker. Handy location to town (approx 100m and you are in town)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tiger96_nz
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2011

OMG yes this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel staff were rude. They made you feel like you were inconveniencing them, when you phoned to reception to advise that your toilet paper was not replenished during the make up of the rooms by the staff during the day and advised us to come to Reception to get our own toilet paper. Too Bad if you was on the toilet at the time or travelling on your own, explain how I would have gotten the toilet paper. Location is great, but the staff were a shocking treat to the stay. We were with a tour, and greeted in the morning for breakfast, asked if we were on a tour, we agreed and said enjoy your breakfast. The same girl who advised us to enjoy our breakfast then abused us for not sitting at the correct table. Would have been nice if she advised us before hand.

Room Tip: Unlike LukeNChris' room ours was a little bigger than their DogBox.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank RenLenCar
Your Luzernerhof team

Travellers are raving about these Lucerne hotels

Perth WA
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Apart from it's location this hotel has nothing going for it! As a single traveller I don't expect luxury but I do expect a room bigger than a dog box! The staff were rude and need some training in hospitality ... The only decent person was Jessica on reception or I would have rated this even lower!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank LukeNChris
São Paulo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed at the Luzernerhof Hotel as a part of a excursion..I was a little bit concerned when I purchase the package of this excursion because the hotel in Lucerne was the only one that was not on the list of hotels that were already defined by the company.
As soon as I arrived there, I have discovered why. The hotel is not bad itself, but somebody has to tell the difference between old-fashioned and lack of concerned with the well-being of the guests. There are no a/c in the rooms and this can be really annoying if you go during summer. The curtains do not block the light in the bedroom, on contrary, there´s practically no difference between curtains on or off. The drop on the bucket was the breakfast - terrible. There was nobody taking off the dishes other guests used and there was, on a napkin on the table, one (1) croissant for each guest. There was a woman taking care of the entrance of the guests of the hotel (or the people from excursion I guess) telling where to sit (there were two restaurants depending on your kind of payment (??) for breakfast. It was the only one of the 8 hotels in Europe that we stayed during the trip that wanted to charge for Internet.
Anyway, I wouldn´t go there again despite its very good location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Jules_Sam
Baltimore
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here in late June of 2011 as part of a Cosmos tour. This hotel was located just 1 block from the lake and close to all the shops and activities. We were there during Luzernerfest which is a big party around the lake. If you can plan your visit to Lake Lucern during this festival I highly recommend doing so. There was an airshow, many different bands playing around the lake all day and night, and many concession stands to buy great food. Later that night there was a firework display that was set to music from many speakers located around the lake. If you are not able to go during luzernerfest just enjoy one of the prettiest landscapes I have ever seen (i.e. clear water lake, snowcaped mountains, and gorgeous people).

P.S. I would have never gone to Lake Lucern if it was not part of the Cosmos tour, but I am soo glad that I got to see it in person. I also have uploaded a short video on my youtube account including this hotel and the lake and fireworks. You can search "Lake Lucern and Hotel Luzernerhof" or my account name is iheart2travel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo