Hotel Falken - Luzern
US$450
US$430
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Boutique Hotel Weisses Kreuz(Lucerne)
US$187
US$293
US$225
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townrooms are basicrail stationexcellent locationwonderful hotelbridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Located jus a 10min walk from train station, I was able to sprint across the bridge and make it on the train in time! Injured Lion and the flower bridge was within walking distance. Plenty restaurants conveniently located around the hotel!
My bag was stolen during my stay, and the staff was very helpful in assisting me with contacting the police and ringing up the lost and found for me.
However, I stayed on L4 and could hear people walking pass and talking loudly during the night.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lunam00na
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Nice little hotel in a great location. Stayed for 2 nights - they didn't have breafkast was the hotel is so well located that you can get some at the cafe in front. The room was very small but for the price and location for luzerne it was perfect. It had wifi in room. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The receptionist at check-in was supper helpful. she told us about the luzerner fest and some other places that we must visit.
However,do not go to the Fondue house which is owned by the same person who owns the hotel - its very touristy. Loved luzerne and the hotel

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mogee
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed for one night. Though we got bad review from here we decided to book here.
To my surprised, our double room are ok. The best part, it is centrally located. Walking distance to my dream must see in Lucerne ( Chapel Bridge). Also, we walked from Luzern's train station and Lion Monumen. The rate is CHF115 is reasonable since Swiss is very expensive country.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2011

What an awful surprise during our stay in Lucerne. First of all, Lucerne is a very expensive city and it is even more expensive now due to the Swiss Franc's record high.

The room is tiny, horrible, you can't even move inside it. There's a 2 story bed in the room, that occupies most of the room. And they say that 4 people can stay in this room. Maybe if you intend to pay for a stay similar to a concentration camp, that could be true. There are little fans used as heaters. Both of the fans in my room were not working and we tought that, because of the smell, they could burst into flames during the night. The bathroom is even smaller than the room and you can't even comb your hair in front of the mirror because there's no room for your arm. There was a chinese restaurant just outside my bedroom door (the chinese restaurant is part of the hotel), so we had to sleep with this awful fish smell during the night. Yes, it's very well located just in the center of Lucerne, but i strongly recommend to look for another hotel even if it's farther from the center (Lucerne has an excelent public transportation system and is a small city). Finally it's very difficult to reach the hotel by car because it's located in a pedestrian zone. We could not find the hotel at first so we had to walk while my father, who was driving waited in the car. This almost cost us a fine when the police arrived and said that we could not stay there. Please avoid this hotel even if it means to spend some francs more or to stay a little farther from the center. It really can avoid some troubles that could ruin your trip.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank e_vattimo
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I've read the mixed reviews on this place, but I honestly had a good experience.

First of all, the location is fabulous! It's literally just steps from the main district for shopping, food! it's a 5-10 min walk from the train station. you can literally window shop out of your room.

We had a nice room on the 2nd floor. It had wooden floors (not real but it looked nice, and was way nicer than dirty carpet).

We had a triple room so we had a double bed, and a bunk on top of it. IT was a small room, but compact and nice. The kitchenette area was covered behind the cupboards, so that was a nice hidden area. We didnt use the facility but it seemed nice. WE needed to heat up water, and the staff was very nice in giving us a flask filled with hot water, instead of turning on the stove.

The room did have a 12" or so small mounted tv and a small space heater. the room was warm and we didnt watch tv so it didnt bother us. we barely stayed slept in the room but i can see how this might bother others who wanted to spend more time.

the beds and covers were very clean, and comfortable.

the bathroom was small, but clean.

overall, we were backpacking and needed a clean, comfortable room and this was it! the location was amazing!! I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers coming in an out quickly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends