CASCADA Hotel(Lucerne)
US$222
US$146
Priceline
1,327 results
All reviewsbusiness class roomtrain stationold townglass wallbusiness hotelriver cruisemodern hotellake viewconcert hallbusiness tripconvenient locationwalk in showerrooms are niceroom was largebed was comfortablestayed here for nightsbreakfast spread
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Well located on the eastern side of lake, just walking distance of 100 of east exit of Rail station, behind the university. Since all other cities of Switzerland are connected by rail, the location has an added advantage of early departure and late arrival from anywhere.

Ten minutes walk to old town , city bus transport/team services provided free to all hotel residents in city for as long as one stays. That makes hotel more attractive.

It’s right on the lake, and if you have east facing room window, enjoy the sun rise from your room.

Very responsive agile team. Excellent speed of housekeeping staff even at midnight. Delicious in house good st their restaurant, decent breakfast and egg preparations.

Very smiling team that enjoys to take care of you,

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
M_Conzelmann, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear drvinaybhaskar

Wow — thank you very much for your excellent feedback. We and other travelers appreciate your feedback about your stay and such an excellent review is an enormous appreciation and highly motivating.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you fully enjoyed your time in our beautiful city. I am very happy that our central location next to the city center, Lake Lucerne and the train station convinced you. Our central location next to Lake Lucerne, the old town and all the sightseeing spots is a real benefit for our guests.

Hospitality is our daily passion and with our "Yes I Can" philosophy we always try to convince our guests with the best service and to create memorable moments for them. Therefore, I highly appreciate your compliment about the professional and friendly staff and the provided service. Of course, I have already shared your comment with the entire, and they were very happy.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us — it was a pleasure to accommodate you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We booked this hotel via Expedia. It was confirmed by Expedia and the full room price charged to my credit card. When we arrived at 2pm, the woman at reception told us our room was not ready yet and to please return in 30 minutes. We came back 45 minutes later. A different woman at reception told us we had no reservation. I said I was told our room was being prepared. She said that the first woman had made a mistake, that our reservation was lost, and the hotel was fully booked. She said they'd had a similar problem with a reservation from Bookings.com so it appears to be the hotel's fault. Plus we wasted time waiting for a non-existent room. I only give it two stars instead of one because Sara at reception was so patient, friendly and helpful in rebooking us at a different hotel. Still, hours of our time were wasted. Expedia gave us a $50 credit because of the problem, even though I think it was not their fault. Radisson Blu Lucerne gave us $0 for our time and trouble.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
M_Conzelmann, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Brewsta

First please let me express that we are very sorry for all inconveniences caused and deeply apologize the circumstances that occurred with your booking.

I highly regret that you were not able to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne. Unfortunately, there was a transcription error in the system and your booking did not come through. Due to the fact that we were fully booked those days, we were not able to provide you a room. Nevertheless, the wrong information that was first given to you was definitely our fault. I can assure you that we will train our staff accordingly to avoid such problems in the future. Once again, please accept my sincere apology for all the inconvenience caused and your wasted time.

I highly regret the happened situation but I am very happy that Sara assisted you friendly and helpful and that she could find another hotel for you. Hopefully, you were able to enjoy your time in Lucerne at the very end.

The entire Radisson team would be delighted when you give us another chance in the future to welcome you as our guests.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

A really good hotel in central Lucerne. Comfortable room with big bed and Nespresso machine.
Staff very helpful regarding restaurant suggestion.
Only slight complaint. On arrival we were told there was parking below the hotel. Drove in to find spaces specific ally reserved for Raddison Blue guests. On checking out I asked if we needed our parking ticket cleared in some way to be told that the parking was not theirs. Result 32f bill. Had we known we would have found overnight street parking as we do in most towns.

Dear Rod D

Thank you very much for having chosen the Radisson Blu Hotel Lucerne and for having taken the time to write a review. We and other travellers appreciate your detailed feedback about your stay and such an excellent review is an enormous appreciation and highly motivating.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you fully enjoyed your time in our beautiful city. I am very happy that our recently renovated rooms with all the needed amenities as well as our central location convinced you. Our central location next to Lake Lucerne, the old town and all the sightseeing spots is a real benefit for our guests.

With our "Yes I Can" philosophy we always try to convince our guests with the best service and to create memorable moments for them. Therefore, I highly appreciate your compliment about the staff helpfulness and the provided service. Of course, I have already shared your comment with them, and they were very happy.

Due to the fact that the Lake Front parking is a public parking garage, we do not have influence on the parking price. Nevertheless, we are happy that we can offer our guests a parking facility with direct access to our hotel because it is very hard to find public parking facilities in the city area. Please accept my sincere apology that you were not informed in advanced about the situation. You are right, that the staff has to inform the guests on arrival about the parking situation and the price. Therefore, I have already forwarded your feedback to the reception team to avoid such issues for our future guests.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us — it was a pleasure to accommodate you. The entire Radisson team hopes you have had a safe journey back home with good memories of your time in Switzerland. We all would be delighted to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
M_Conzelmann, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for four nights at Radisson Blu from 5th July. Everything looked brand new from interiors to bath fittings to carpets. Family room was big with two queen beds and still space for one more queen bed to fit in. Beds was very comfortable and bedding was clean and fresh. Location is excellent. Just five minutes walk from Lucence Train Station, Main Bus stop and the piers and opposite Lake Lucerne. The area is very quiet at night. The neighborhood doesn’t have any night life. Reception staff were very good. Check in and check out was swift. Breakfast spread was limited and it was same for all the days. Indians who cant live without rice can feel happy as they have rice, dal and rajma for breakfast. My only gripe was no complementary water in the room and the 500ml water in the mini bar was exorbitantly pzrized at CHF 6.80, while a 1.5 ltr evian can be bought at supermarket located at train station for CHF 0.95. A few more smiles on the faces of restaurant staff would have been nice

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kirshna N

Thank you very much for having chosen the Radisson Blu Hotel Lucerne and for having taken the time to write a review. We and other travelers appreciate your detailed feedback about your stay and such a positive review is an enormous appreciation and highly motivating.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you fully enjoyed your time in our beautiful city. I am very happy that our spacious and recently renovated rooms with all the needed amenities, the comfortable beds as well as our central location convinced you.

With our "Yes I Can" philosophy we always try to convince our guests with the best service and to create memorable moments for them. Therefore, I highly appreciate your compliment about the staff. Of course, I have already shared your comment with the entire team, and they were very happy.

Due to the fact that the tap water in Switzerland is drinkable and full of healthy minerals, we do not provide complimentary water bottles in the room. At the bar there is always complimentary water available.