“Great place to stay for the month of June”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room Dining area
A lovely Sunset
Winter mood
A perfect winter day
Summer garden view
View from the garden on the Jungfrau
Winter garden
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7
Interlaken, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 43 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Portuguese first
Any
roadtripf...
atlanta, ga
“Great place to stay for the month of June”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We are a family of 5 who are lucky enough to enjoy extended vacations of a month in one place. We prefer to book a house or apartment so we can eat some meals at "home." We've also rented quite a few different places over the years. I have to say that city chalet exceeded my expectations. We had the ground floor of one of three houses. New construction. 3 bedrooms which was enough beds for 7 people. The location was perfect. Fairly close to the Interlaken west train Station. Close to Unterseen, the cute neighboring city to Interlaken with many recommended restaurants. Matt, the owner/manager was a pleasure to work with and super quick to respond to any questions. Highlight of the trip for the kids was the nearby plaza with "giant" chess and a yummy bakery with outdoor seating.

Cookie209
Mumbai, India
“Holiday Haven”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

This place is truly a holiday haven. The owner, Matt Horn, has made everything available and comfortable. Almost at the foothill of Harder Klum, you look out from any room, beautiful mountain peaks peek at you. Plus, so close to the stores & train station that family with kids would find it v convenient. Yes, lugging your baggage on the gravel as you approach the property can be a little cumbersome, but honestly, u will forget all that once u are 'home'.
Fantastic place, lovely holiday.

saraadi
Toronto, Canada
“A solid stay option in Interlaken west”
Reviewed 17 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

I had booked the city chalet for a week in the month of June 2013 and stayed there with my family. We were 6 adults and one child and stayed in the first floor. As the apartment accommodated 10 people, we were quite comfortably placed.

I dont quite agree with a 5 rating of the property by the earlier reviewers as it indicates that there is no room for improvement. Do not get me wrong, I still recommend the chalet for any family that would like to go there. Its just that I would like to have the expectations set straight :

The really good - location
Its abt 4-5 minutes walking from Interlaken West station and is situation right next to a river connected from the dam. As a result of this, you can hear the water rushing out of the room all day and night which is quite a change from your city life! There is a denner's grocery shop not even a minute away from the chalet that can help you stock up on your daily needs.

The Good - Matt
The owner Matt, is a charming fellow who takes care to ensure that he does everything he can to make your stay comfortable. Right from the helpful tips he sets up in the house to the detailed messages laid out for recycling, He even helped us with a weighing scale to help ensure that our bags dont cross the weight limit at the airport counter

The stuff that can be improved -

1. The house : The house is a 200 year old wooden building. While this gives the house a lot of character it also presents a problem if you happen to be a light sleeper. When ever some one walked across the hallway, I woke up. Not only does the sound of your family walking, wake you up, when people on the floor above us moved around, the evidence was well quite evident. I cant begin to imagine, the trouble we may have caused to the fellows living on the ground floor when we moved around.

2. The individual rooms dont have any locks on them which becomes irritating when you may be looking for some privacy. Also the locks on the doors are the really old ones that jut out when open. More than once I bumped into these.

3. The approach road : Not much that can be done by Matt here but the approach road involves a short gravel path which is a pain if you are dragging large pieces of luggage. As indicated by a previous reviewer, hauling your luggage to the first floor is no joy either.

The apartment is well equipped with a fridge, microwave, gas range (electric stove and oven), dish washer, toaster, coffee machine, washing machine, dryer, iron, a tv and a mini hi-fi. I really liked that a mini hi-fi was made available. May be Matt could leave an aux cable so that we can connect our mp3 players as well. The collection of books and magazines in the study seemed excellent but it was a pity that I didnt know the language. The kitchen had all possible utensils setup as well.

Overall our experience was pleasant and I was greatly helped by the reviews on trip advisor but I thought it was important to bring some perspective.

Rajesh192...
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Perfect Holiday”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We had stayed at City Chalet Apartments from May 27 to June 3 2013. We were 3 families & it was an excellent stay at the property. Big rooms, excellent structure of the apartment & a lawn at the front yard of the apartment makes it more beautiful. Great location (its approx. 3 minutes from Interlaken West Rail Station). Snow peak alps in front of the apartment really adds beauty to the location. I guess one of my best holiday's that I had experienced in my recent past. Location, apartment & Matt's (owner) cordial assistance has really been the best of the features of our perfect holiday

ranjanuka...
ashford,uk
“perfect family chalet”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

been there few days ago, - the weather wasn't glorius but the chalet made up for it- immaculate,massive,well stocked,- perfect location,- a small superstore called 'denner' is few steps away- 5min walk to intelaken west station- nice eateries few min walk- had 2families with 4adults and 4kids, plenty of space- spendid view from the balcony of snow capped alps- it was heaven- would go there again and definitely recommend

akagi07
“Like a house of your own.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Great owner
Great location
Cool apartment

Took a studio apartment. Had kitchen for 4days and we settle the dinner with own cooking.

I have no complaints but only compliments. If I am to give a minus point.. its just housekeeping but thats my wife's opinion. Cheers for you Matt.

Vikrammal...
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Can't be more good than this”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Checked in two days back.......amazing place to stay... We are 2 family staying with four kids,, the chalet is so fresh that every penny spent here is worth. Location is also perfect, centre of interlaken west (st.) and interlaken oast (st.). As mentioned earlier by other guests .. The departmental store is not even 20 steps.. And one more thing there is a grocery store across the road which is open till late night and this shop has ever imp thing u can need to cook at the chalet. Loving this place...

Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$370
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing