“Breathtaking views, relaxed atmosphere”

Bergrestaurant Winteregg
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Murren
Reviewed September 30, 2018

We walked from Mürren to Winteregg - a low impact walk that I would highly recommend! We stopped here for a rest and a beer. Lovely service, beautiful outside seating area with stunning views of the mountain. Get off the train, and have a break here!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

This place is not to missed. As the train rolls into Winteregg get off the train and goto the restaurant. The food is amazing, the staff speaks every language and the view is out of this world. I was in murren for 6 days and this place had the best schnitzel, salads and soups I’ve ever had.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This is the second year we visited Lauterbrunnen and came to Winteregg for the Sunday brunch. Brunch is buffet style with very nice selections of eggs, bacon, sausage, various cold cuts and cheeses, 9 different homemade jams and jellies, breads and much more. Coffee comes in a pot that is refilled when empty.

Brunch is from 8 to 11 am and live music 4 accordions and bass today) starts a little after 9.

While not absolutely required, I strongly recommend reservations (which we made by email) during prime season. Your reservation is available any time you show up (between 8 and 11).

Current price is 28 SF per person.
The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating as well as play areas for kids.

1  Thank Bruce925
Reviewed August 5, 2018

This is the perfect spot to plunk yourself down on a walk from Mürren or Grütschalp, take in the unmatched view of the mountains (real picture postcard material!), and fill up with a beer and a plate of cheese-laden rösti. Friendly people and good service.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

A super-friendly eatery with a fantastic outdoor terrace. I visited whilst doing the walk from Grütschalp to Mürren on a really hot day in search of refreshment and boy did I get it! The server was friendly and happy to fill in the gaps in English as my German only got me so far. I had a beer and a rösti with cheese which was absolutely delicious. I’m planning to go back before I leave the Oberland as it was so pleasant.