Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andrew S
Skipton, United Kingdom

Lads Ski trip to Wengen

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 17, 2024via mobile
Stayed here for 6 nights for the lads ski trip. Lovely clean place, from check in to check out, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely clean rooms, also has a nice indoor pool too. Breakfast was really good, had a nice bar area, where Colin played once a week. He was very entertaining with a good voice. Very close to all the lift systems, just a short walk to them. Only thing I would say was a bit of a let down was the ski and boot locker room. Too small for the size of the hotel. But otherwise everything was spot on.
Date of stay: March 2024
    C$406
    C$509
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Wengen
All reviews free mini bar cable car raclette evening pillow menu large swimming pool sauna and steam room train station valley view the main street his wife lovely hotel home from home without exception mannlichen lift skiing holiday salad buffet ski hire
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2024 via mobile

Wengen was absolutely gorgeous. We loved this hotel, it had a nice indoor pool and bar. The room we stayed in reminded me of a hostel, it was one of the only places that would accept a family of four without getting two separate rooms. The beds were comfortable and there was a balcony overlooking the alps. Rooms are mediocre compared to other places we have stayed but it was clean and comfortable and we would stay here again for the other amenities and location. The food everywhere in wengen is subpar and expensive I would get supplies to make lunch in room. Average meal (breakfast lunch or dinner was around $200 for a family of 4 and was mostly inedible everywhere we went) still worth it for the views and experience!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2024

We stayed here as a family of four. Our two children were 3 & 4 years old. We had a wonderful stay. The Junior Suite we had was small but fine for us, especially fine for the price we paid which we felt was very reasonable. The bathroom was lovely and we had the most wonderful large balcony with a beautiful view. The staff were all so friendly, helpful and kind to our children. They had toboggans to use, which were great fun on the toboggan run. The pool had a kids session so the kids could play and have fun without upsetting others. The pool was cold though at 28 degrees. The breakfast was amazing. So much choice and all nice quality. We didn't do dinner as it wouldn't have suited our children so can't comment on that. The had a play room for the kids too but unfortunately we weren't aware of it until the last day. The location is perfect. Very near the gondola and a short distance to the train station. The ski room was quite small and hard to use at peak times. If the ski room was better and the pool warmer it would have got 5 stars! We would definitely go again!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2023 via mobile

Hotel is in a beautiful spot. Wengen well technically still part of Interlaken is a 12 minute cog wheel train ride up the hill.

Total itself is fairly old. I arrived early but the room wasn't ready so it was pretty much ready by 3:00 p.m.

The room that I had is a single which is actually very small and actually has a single bed not just a double bed for one person. I found a kept banging into the wall because of the width of the bed so it's pretty small. The bed can be hard for a lot of people it was for me so they will come up and add a mattress topper to make it a little softer. I must say though I didn't have a good sleep I was a little achy.

Breakfast which was included is very average. The typical croissant and bread options. Scrambled eggs in a big bin and a pile of bacon that was quite oily.

The pool looks like it would be nice however I didn't use it on this trip since it was just one night. I only stayed here one night because the hotel is closing for 2 months until December when it is busy for skiing.

I wouldn't stay here again but the views from the balcony can be nice depending on where they put you I was put on the first floor so there isn't as good of a view.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2023

Excellent location for this hotel. Directly on the main street in lovely little Wengen which I had to return to for the 2nd time in this lifetime.
The most beautiful peaceful village you will ever visit in the whole world; and, I have been around the World. Very Switzerland, beauty, cows, prestine air at the Top of Europe. A must for mankind to feel and see this lovely part of the Alps.
The reception people, Christiane, Anna, and another lady. Victoria, bar gal, was extremely nice. These women made my stay unforgettable, for sure. Nothing was too much to request. The housekeeper, I think Andrew, was spot on and had a tidy, very clean room every day during our 6 day stay. Clean linens every day and lovely view overlooking the lift. Easy walk to train station, 6 min. tops.
Everything about this hotel was GREAT, except 1 major thing. The FOOD.
Breakfast was a disaster: No more croissants at 8 a.m.? The bacon, 3 days served: 1st day, near raw; 2nd. day, burnt to a crisp, 3rd. day almost cooked enough to eat. Then sausage served remained of days, o.k. at best. Eggs hot and hard boiled fine. Scrambled eggs watery, could drink them. Awful. No bananas during 6 day stay. No yogurt last 3 days straight.
The cook needs replacement or get someone to handle the breakfast. Cold ham and cheese stuck together. Good Grief,
This hotel has everything going for it IF they replace cook and hire an expeditor to handle the breakfast. I am 81 and could do a better job. Com'on, out of croissants at 8 a.m. and NO refill???????
I give a 4+ for staff at desk and bar. The private room waiter that we had screwed up the first night included dinner. Out of 28, 8 people were served after rest finished dinner. Kitchen screwed up on 2 nights for several of our guest's orders previously given to kitchen. WHO is running the kitchen?
Anyone? Too bad as the hotel location, cleanliness and staff were excellent. Only private dining room for tour groups needs major overhaul. Train people to work tour groups; not, just 1 inexperienced server.
Would consider hotel if return; but, eat elsewhere. That is a shame.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GCSMaryland
Reviewed September 6, 2023 via mobile

One of the worst hotel experiences we’ve ever had. Do not stay here.

The only positives are the location in Wengen close to the train station and the gondola to Mannlichen, and some of the staff were helpful (more on this below).

For the negatives: there is almost no soundproofing and the doors are quite loud. We could hear other guests close their doors throughout the night, so we couldn’t get a good night sleep. The toilet flushes aggressively and spurts water out into the bathroom if you don’t close the lid before flushing. There are no fans or windows in the bathroom.

Our room smelled unpleasant for the duration of our stay. It was also extremely hot, and unfortunately when we opened our windows we were frequently treated to cigar and cigarette smoke which made the smell worse. We appreciate that this isn’t the hotel’s fault, but figured they could help us with the heat and the smell by providing a fan. On our first night we were told one would be brought up to our room, but it wasn’t and when we called back to check on the request nobody answered. The next day i called at 1:30pm asking for a fan. The woman at reception said of course. By 2:30 still no fan, so i called back and was assured that it was already on its way. At 3pm still no fan, so i called back asking if i could just come and grab one myself as i wasn’t feeling well and wished to cool down. The woman at reception became very rude and told me no, and that someone would bring one up “when they have time” and hung up the phone. I was very frustrated as she said it was already on the way 30 minutes ago, after we had called four times (over the course of two days) with this simple request. She clearly lied to me by saying it was on the way. Luckily i went outside my room and asked another staff member for a fan, and they brought it quickly.

But regardless, terrible and rude service from the woman in reception. A few other recent reviews make the same comment, so it’s clearly an ongoing problem. She, along with the hot/smelly room, ruined our experience. This hotel is not worth your time or money. Stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple