Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
meloh76
Cincinnati, Ohio

Amazing in every way.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 15, 2024
This is our second day at Hotel Alpenruhe. Wow is all I can say. Exceptional in every way. They will pick you up from the train station typically. The views are amazing. The staff is amazing. The rooms, while simple, are amazing! Really and truly one of the best hotel experiences all around.
Date of stay: June 2024
0.7 km from Hotel Alpenruhe - Vintage Design Hotel
Go to your Happy Price
0.8 km from Hotel Alpenruhe - Vintage Design Hotel
View more hotels in Wengen
All reviews breakfast was excellent bread train station stayed days welcome drink enough variety single room mountain view room comfortable beds incredible views quiet hotel your luggage a wonderful stay would definitely stay here again every morning enjoyed our stay other guests
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2024

I love this place and can’t recommend it enough. This is the second time I stayed— once last summer for 3 days and then for over a week now, in June 2024 (solo both times). I needed a bit of a break from life and unplug, and the kindness and hospitality of the staff made my stay feel like a home away from home. If you feel hesitant about booking due to lack of amenities like fridge or microwave in rooms, I can assure you it’s not an issue nor burden. Again, I stayed here for 8 days and was perfectly fine and able without either! I didn’t even need them. I also left very early before breakfast (crack of dawn) and the staff was so kind to pack me a breakfast and even some sandwiches. I hadn’t even asked! The home away from home feeling here is unmatched.

Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2024

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. It’s in a fantastic location located higher up in the village and our balcony view was exceptional. The staff/owners were very friendly and the room was very clean. A very praceful and charming stay. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2024 via mobile

Gorgeous local hotel, could not have been better. We had a cosy room with an amazing view overlooking the mountains. Very good breakfast every morning.
Restaurants for dinner are only a few minutes’ walk away.
The hotel gives you a discount at the largest ski rental shop in the town and, as an extra bonus, free storage in the shop meaning we could pick up our boots and skis each morning from the rental shop and be almost immediately on the slopes, without having to carry them through town back to the hotel. This made the whole skiing experience much more enjoyable!
Andreas was really welcoming, he also picked us up and dropped us off at the train station when we arrived and left at the start and end of our holiday.

Room tip: Ring ahead to book tables for dinner because the local restaurants can get very busy
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andreas Janke, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Alpenruhe - Vintage Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2024

Dear Jemima
Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay, from the cozy room and mountain view to the delicious breakfast. We're delighted you found our ski rental discount and free storage convenient, making your skiing experience more enjoyable. Thank you again for your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!
Best regards, Jana Janke

Reviewed February 25, 2024

Booked here for a spontaneous weekend getaway and really enjoyed our stay. A lot of thought and attention has clearly gone into the Alpenruhe and the result is a calm oasis of design. No kitschy alpine cliches - think less alphorn and more Monocle - sophisticated but with a nod to the mountain surroundings.
First of all, this must be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in - everything was genuinely spotless. Room was large, with minimal furnishings for a relaxing and calm stay. The guest guide included great suggestions for walks in the area. Bathroom was quite small (and unheated!), but had one of the best showers I've been in, perfect after a day exploring the mountains. Our corner room had a large balcony with great views over Lauterbrunnen valley and the Eiger/Mönch/Jungfrau panorama. My only complaint was the noise from the small road outside, which was more disturbing than expected (not really the hotel's fault, as it was due to people coming home from apres ski and then vehicles going past in the early morning).
Another highlight was the amazing breakfasts, which proved that quality trumps quantity. Everything was excellent from the breads to the birchermuesli and the fried eggs were so amazingly fresh and delicious. They don't serve dinner (other than an occasional fondue Chinoise) but there are plenty of places nearby in Wengen. There is also a small honesty bar in the lobby. A fridge in the room for snacks and drinks would be handy.
Staff were very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with the owner before we checked out. We appreciated staying somewhere run by locals who are invested in the community and appreciated the owner's perspective on sustainable tourism in the region. We would love to come back again, next time maybe in the summer!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear inkwave17,
Thank you for your kind review! We're happy you enjoyed your spontaneous weekend at Alpenruhe.
We're glad you appreciated our design aesthetic and cleanliness.
We'd love to welcome you back, perhaps for a summer escape next time!
Warm regards,
Team Alpenruhe

Reviewed October 25, 2023 via mobile

My husband and I had amazing stay at the Alpenruhe! First off, do yourself a favor and call ahead to have them meet you at the train station in their adorable little van. I felt like I was working my dinner off every night when we climbed the hill back to the hotel, and I’m so glad I didn’t have to climb it with three weeks worth of luggage. Given all that luggage and our length of stay (6 nights), I was glad I had booked one of their larger rooms. I took a peek at one of the standard ones and they were pretty small. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the view from the balcony was outstanding (minus the construction crane, but that’s not their fault). Fear not if you book a room without a mountain view as their garden out front is a little slice of heaven. Breakfast is incredible and the hotel staff is warm and accommodating. My only criticism is that I could hear movement in the hallway and above us; we were glad to have our travel sound machine. Wengen is a gem, too; it’s far less crowded than some of the other towns (Grindelwald, I’m looking at you). We loved Wengen and the Alpenruhe and would happily return.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Hopper211
Thank you for your fantastic review! We're thrilled you and your husband enjoyed your stay at Alpenruhe.
Arranging our shuttle service from the train station made your arrival smoother, and we're glad you found our larger room comfortable with its outstanding view. We appreciate your feedback regarding noise and will work to address it.
We're delighted you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff warm and accommodating. We'd love to welcome you back anytime!
Warm regards,