All reviews old town bernina express train station disco lights bread modern bathroom bucks fizz swiss thing coloured lights great shower lovely hotel set menu stayed here for nights bathroom door large group ten minute walk good size
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Despite having booked up a couple of months beforehand, when we arrived we were offered another hotel just down the road. The lady on reception took us there and paid cash for our room, and I might add it was less than we'd paid. We were not impressed and too tired to argue. We'd chosen our hotel very carefully and fully expected to stay there. Needless to say there is no way we can recommend or review this hotel other than negatively.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are from Colorado and in our 50s, we stayed here for two nights. It was a nice hotel about a 10 minute walk from the rail station, in the old town Chur. It was beautiful inside with a good mix of old and new architecture. The room was nice and clean in the bathroom is good. I don’t like the glass doors on the bathroom , I like a bit more privacy. Our room was 105 and had basically no Wi-Fi signal in the room, we had to go in the hallway if we wanted signal. I understand the walls are thick but they need another access point place closer to the room. There is no air conditioning, but they do have a desk fan available in the room, that our fan was squeaky when it rotated all night. Breakfast was great, good choices. I saw the comment from someone else that when They asked about the Wi-Fi password at the front desk just got told “it’s in the room”, that happened to us as well. We had to find it on the phone handle,

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights. Finding hotel from station is awkward as there are several levels and places to come out of. We found easiest was street level by platform 1&2 then across bus stops as and up between the building site and tea and coffee shop. Lots of cobbles to negotiate, we found a different way back. Hotel is old outside and revamped on inside. Room was ok, strange layout as clothes and safe were just inside door, then bathroom then bed. Beds ok, no kettle, . View up the old town towards the mountains. Heavily frosted glass door for bathroom, with LED light around door which constantly changed colour. Strange. Breakfast had good choice including scrambled egg and bacon. Good choice of continental breakfast items. Sparkling wine as well. WiFi good.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018

This is a true gem in Chur. Located both very close to the railway station (ten minutes walk), in the old town of Chur and with road access, you have a little bit of everything you need. This is my second stay here and I can say that it is truly an excellent choice if you are in Chur.

We came as part of a group and the hotel owner (Martyn) met us at the station with a van in order to take all of our luggage up to the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and very well sized. The bathrooms are truly dreamy with the waterfall showers always being a highlight of my stay here.

The owners pay attention to the needs of their clients and this is seen in the good quality of everything from their breakfast options to their response to any issues. We asked for the bar to stay open for an extra hour one evening as we wanted to have some drinks with the group we were holidaying with and the hotel owner arranged this for us within minutes.

Thank you again for an excellent stay. I would recommend to anyone going to Chur.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sleepismyfave
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I had the misfortune to book this hotel for two nights. It is a dark and dismal place to stay. We were located on the first floor and once out of the lift we had to negate a few stairs up and a few down lifting suitcases as we went our room was dark and even with lights on it was still bad. Considering I booked this two months earlier they could have done better

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple