“Good Price/Quality Ratio”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in St. Moritz
Sarasota, Florida
“Good Price/Quality Ratio”
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I am coming to St Moritz for 30 years and as I move out of my appartment, I went in February to the Hotel Arte.

The hotel is quiet very nice, very clean and beautifully decorated. We had the Venitian room.

The service is friendly is excellent and we extended our stay at the same internet rate. The manager was hadsome speaking 4 or 5 languages . It is a nice boutique hotel that my wife and I recommend

We like also the two restaurants, the unexpensive Pizzeria for locals and the Gastronomic Italian ones, are good and compared yto the St. Moritz prices affordable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
all over the place
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We booked this hotel for one night for the Engadin cross country skiing marathon because of the good location. The staff spoke little English but they were helpful. The rooms were clean and yes they are themed. We got the California one. The manager was nice and arranged for the marathon people an earlier than usual breakfast. One thing to complain though... if you wanted to take a shower around 9-10 pm there was no hot water, quite annoying. And there was no internet available either.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rabbitbun
Southern England
Reviewed 26 September 2009

What a terrible hotel. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. When we arrived in min-afternoon there was no one there to check us in. We had to call someone to come and let us in, which took well over an hour, wasting our valuable time. I’d booked the room for 2 but the hotel manager, who was some Eastern European woman, insisted that we pay more money for the second person – my partner. However, we had no choice as if we went to a different hotel we’d have still been charged so we had to stay the night.

The hotel manager was very rude. Her customer care skills were nil and we ended up wasting a lot of time attempting to get into our room. All of which made this a nasty experience.

The lady who made breakfast was nice and made a effort - she probably felt embarrassed for the way we’d been treated.

Luckily (with reference to the other reviews) we stayed there on a Monday when the Pizza house was closed so we were spared the noise, so it seems.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LordTruck
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 May 2009

First off: Themed Rooms. Yes, every room has a theme, as in Egypt, India, etc. These are not sprawling suites and nor are the decorations elaborate, but with an towards the artist, the walls of each room, and sometimes furniture/fabric-colors, depict another of the world's exciting locations. (Think "Pyramids" for Egypt, "Taj Mahal" for India, etc). The rooms are complete with quality wooden furnishings, beds and linens and exceptionally clean modern bathrooms. A small table, 2 chairs, and a TV round out your room.
The hotel has no real lobby or reception, but instead has a good pizza restaurant (also the breakfast room) that is essentially run by the same few hotel staff. Pizza was very good, prices affordable (well, in relation to St. Moritz or to Switzerland in general).
Staff was very friendly and helpfull.
The location is a big asset: center of town in the middle of the action of St. Moritz. All the designer shops are on the streets outside the hotel. The nightclubs (King's Club, Diamond, pubs) are all a few feet away. The main gondola/funicular up to Corviglia (center of St. Moritz mountain) couldn't be much closer, just 200m away through the village streets.
The price was good, in comparison with others in St. Moritz. Outside of St. Moritz, this would be overpriced, but St. Moritz really is a world on a different playing field, as you'll discover.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 May 2008

This was a good hotel, very friendly staff, very helpful. Pretty central to everything we needed or wanted. Clean and cmomfortable.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Malibu, California
Reviewed 29 February 2008

This hotel is centrally located and everything is in walking distance. My room was good but the downside of the hotel is that it is above a very noisy late night pizzeria. The problems is that it is open until 1 am and there is music and noise coming into the hotel until that time.

Also the breakfast was very disappointing and the worst I had in Switzerland. There was one dinner size plate of cheese out for everybody and it had about 8 paces of cut cheese on it. The bread at breakfast was only the store bought soft square sandwich bread that no one in their right mind eats anymore.

The lady maintaining the breakfast area gave me one cup of coffee and then sat across the room and just stared at me while I was eating. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I got out of there as fast as I could.

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel. If I went back to this city I would do everything I could to stay somewhere else but if I had to I could stay here again.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — Breakfast and the noise until late at night
  • Stayed January 2008
muri
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Noise from discoteque in basement makes proper sleep and relaxing holidays impossible. Sorry.

• Disliked — Noisy, cramped, no good
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)