“Attenzione! Nuova Gestione!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2015

I used to visit this restaurant with pleasure on a regular basis sometimes even once a week. We would often bring business guests and even large groups over for lunch and generated a lot of business. The kitchen was excellent and the old owner was a friendly Gentleman who knew how to keep up a special relationship with regular clients. He would even offer me to use his parking lot on days when I was not eating there. Last week I had lunch there for the first time under the new management and sadly I have to say the food is no longer what it used to be. Even worse, the new owner/manager is a very unfriendly person which I had to learn today when I needed booked a table with two guests and was offended because I had already parked my car in the morning (when no one is around) as I always used to do. He was also badmouthing his predecessor for becoming insolvent. What a lack of style! Certainly I will not stay a regular customer of the establishment and I will definitely no longer bring guests and large groups for lunch there. Let's see how long they will survive with this kind of "customer orientation" ...

Date of visit: June 2015
2  Thank ProfessorCustomer

Reviewed April 16, 2015

I've eaten here two times and found the place simply amazing. The quality of the food is outstanding and one immediately recognizes the creativity and skills of the chefs who obviously have a lot of passion about what they do. The atmosphere was very inviting, with friendly and accommodating staff and an elegant ambience of outstanding design, with romantic corners and separate seating areas which would be ideal for private events. They have good wine selections on offer and it’s worth taking a trip to the wine cellar to see this unique area of the restaurant. There was even live music the evening I went and an outstanding gastronomic menu including 4 unique courses with great wine for a very reasonable price. The price/quality for what this restaurant offers is excellent.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Douglas A
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The atmosphere was a romantic one with lovely food and excellent service. Enjoyed the starter and the main course. We were well looked after and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone especially if celebrating a special occasion. Quite pricey but eating in Lugano is! I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoyed fine dining and good quality food and service.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Very good Sicilian food. This is a small, family restaurant. The fish is excellent. We were fortunate to be there when there was a guest chef from Sicily preparing the food.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed a cheerful dinner at Botero. The very corner where it lays is not particularly fancy, but the restaurant's interiors are nice. They mixed some sort of old french style with Botero's paintings. Fine food, reasonable price.

Date of visit: March 2013