We've chosen Mont Cervin Palace for our family vacations with our 11 y.o. daughter at the end of March 2012. Upon arrival the horse carrige drove us to the hotel, very nice experience. We were upgraded to the Suite (we have booked Junior Suite), the room was very large (actually there are 2 separate rooms separated by the door, total about 60-70 sqm). We even had our own fireplace and a very nice jacuzzi in our spacious bathroom.
Some hints about the hotel:
1) if you book the ski gear at the Julen Sport (which is around the corner), you don't need to carry the skis/boots to the hotel ski room, they arrange that as the ski rental is connected to the hotel; you could also pay for the rental as a room charge.
2) Breakfast is very nice and rather big, but if you order pancakes or some kind of poached eggs (omelettes, scramblled eggs and fried eggs are offered) you should pay from 12 Chf/portion.
3) Spa and wellness area is really great, with 2 different pools, indoor and outdoor (available for children as well) and spa area with different kind of saunas, hammam and some extra (for adults only, naked zone).
4) Hotel is located about 150 m (5-7 min walk) from the bus stop on the river. But if you care more about your comfort, not about the budget, the taxi is always waiting for you at the exit from the ski room (12 CHF to any Zermatt ski lift or train station).
5) We have tried Grill Le Cervin restaurant for our dinner (we have chosed BB, not HB basis). and it was impressive, with good grill and steak dishes, but rather pricy (about 350 chf for the dinner for 3 (with 1 child, who is not a great eater). The service is good and friendly, the restaurant is nice and with a kind of casual atmosphere. Recommended. The hotel has "Dine Around" system (if you chose HB) which allows you to choose among different restaurants in the hotel and in Zermatt.
Overall, we all very happy with our stay and wish to come back. Thanks for all the hotel team and especially Karin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- International Hotel in six-story traditionally Swiss building located in village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hotel Mont Cervin Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mont Cervin Palace Zermatt
- Mont Cervin Palace Hotel