See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Terrible experience. I'm glad I never have to come back here again.

We booked 2 rooms for a group of 7 people on Booking.com and got a confirmation e-mail by the hotel, but when we got there late in the evening, they told us they never got our booking. Even after showing the confirmation as PROOF, they tried to charge us extra just for finding rooms for us that night. Only after we refused paying the extra fee a few times they gave in and gave us 3 rooms they apparently had of the sudden.

The room my brother and I had to stay in then was awful. Dirty, outdated and with a ridiculous "bathroom". The bathroom was basically only a walled off shower right next to the bed. Totally not what we booked at all.

Needless to say, absolutely impolite service.

Breakfast was okay for the money.

Photos are available in my Google and Yelp reviews.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Svenja T
Reviewed September 23, 2017

We went back to this hotel , after we spend our honeymoon there 50 yrs ago. It is ideally situated in Stans. However we were in for a shock. No one at reception upon arrival. You had to ring for attendance. Whilst waiting there is no where for a drink in any shape.It was raining.Finally we were given the key to our room. Had to go outside to next door.We stayed for 2 days, on the second day they forgot to make our room!!! Daytime there is nowhere to relax, except your room. We wont be coming back.

Room Tip: there is free car parking but VERY tight and only for 2 cars
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knapperEngland
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

+ good place for stopover
- hot in the room / no airco
- smoking in the hotel bar
- had to wait 20 minutes for Check in

Breakfast was ok, but invaded by flies. Next time, I would look for other options near the lake.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2017

There is a speed-zone change directly in front of the hotel. It goes from 30 Kmh to 60 Kmh. Many locals commute to work on mopeds and small, high-revving motorcycles. Just to be rude, they hammer on the throttle as soon as they cross the line from 30 Kmh to 60 Kmh, starting at ~5:30 A.M. At least the hotel provides earplugs. Also, the staff keeps an eye on you to make sure you are doing O.K. Staff even brought me tea one day when I wasn't feeling well…free of charge.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the main road out front as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

This is my fourth stay at the Stanserhof in Stans, Switzerland... all for business so far but it's perfect for a base from which to explore... and there is plenty to see here! For business trips this hotel very comfortable, nice beds, very spacious rooms... and this time I got an upgrade and my room even had a large curved screen TV. The welcome is excellent! The local language is a dialect of German, but don't worry if (like me) you only know a little or no German as most of the staff speak English and are happy to help out with menus and the like. This evening the temperature outside is below freezing, but my room is comfortably warm without being too hot...

Everyone is very friendly and helpful... really great place to stay and by Swiss standards very reasonably priced!

The hotel restaurant serves Asian food. Now, I like trying different cuisine but I know that very spicy food doesn't suit me, so on my previous visits I've eaten in one of the numerous Italian restaurants (there's a very good one right across the road that makes a fabulous Calzone) but I encourage you to try the restaurant at the Stanserhof... as I did this evening. The lady running the restaurant this evening asked how hot I liked my food, and she had the chef make it very mild for me. It was absolutely delicious... just one of the most enjoyable meals I've had, beautifully prepared and full of different flavours. If you don't try it you are missing out on a delightful experience... Their two Thai chefs are happy to adjust the spice level, and everything is freshly cooked. I wish I could stay another night to try something else!

Go to Stans and stay here!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business