“Beautiful restaurant + good typical Swiss food”
Review of Tradiswiss

Tradiswiss
Ranked #117 of 785 Restaurants in Lausanne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2017

The restaurant is beautiful. It is located right next to the lake and the views are amazing. On top of that they have a fantastic terrace that is great in the summer. The interior is super well decorated to imitate a Swiss chalet. It is done by local craftsmen and is probably is better done than most of the actual Swiss chalets. Truly beautiful. The atmosphere is quite romantic at night.

The service is very good and the food is good. Only typical Swiss dishes, quality ingredients and nicely presented. Coming from a place where the best quality fish and seafood comes straight from the ocean into my table, I was very skeptical about the "filet de perche", but gave it a try and I had to swallow my pre-judgement. Delicious.

Another time we were here we ate the fondue in the bread. Very good too.

All in all it is great if you are looking for a beautiful place in which you want to eat uncomplicated, good quality, traditional Swiss food.

4 stars out of 5 because it is quite pricey.

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

Lovely place to have lunch or dinner. The view from the terrace is amazing ! Inside the restaurant looks good as well with a typical Savoyard inside (even though we are in Switzerland). Food is very good, service is good however could be a bit more organized. Did not have a baby seat.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

It was nice to find the Edelweiss Cafe in the Voile D'Or complex, we had actually went to eat at a restaurant next door but it was closed.
The service was extremely friendly and welcoming that's already very nice. The restaurant is very cosy and made out like a Swiss chalet very well done not kitch at all.

The menu had a nice selection of typical Swiss foods, the meal we ordered came with a salad and it was excellent bravo, the rest of the meal was very nice.
They have a good selection of Swiss wines.
We look forward to returning to the restaurant soon, hopefully when the weather is better to be able to sit outside on the terrace.

Reviewed August 27, 2015 via mobile

Usually is self service but am seeing the guy bringing drinks to tables. I go to the bar and ask him if it is self service or service at the table. He says something in bad English that on the table. I walk to a beautiful lake table and admire the mountains. After a while I am not seeing the guy and turn my head. Bar us full of people ordering drinks while it was empty while I was there and the barman sent me away. Bar empties, the barman walks around collecting empty glasses but does not approach my table and clearly avoids me, English speaker. Never shows up. I leave and go and get my beer at the Thai place next door where the service is always amazing.

1  Thank Satu K
Reviewed July 28, 2015

I can only recommend that restaurant which has an amazing terrace right next to the lake with gorgeous view on the French mountains! The food is excellent. There is a large choice of swiss/cheese dishes but also burgers, filet de perche, delicious meat, etc.). Last but not least, the service is very friendly and efficient and makes the experience even more pleasant. I love to go there during the Summer either for a business lunch, an after-work drink or a dinner with friends.