“Lazy saturday afternoon delight”
Review of Bu's

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We just dropped in to waste a lazy saturday afternoon away from the heat and noise of down town zurich and found a peaceful oasis on the backyard Terrasse of Bü's. Aspergus soup, salad and beef tartare with some nice white alsacian wine. What does it take more for happiness, in particular when the food is top class (never had a beef tartare of this quality) and the service real hosts. The browny coming with the fresh espresso was as good as it could get!

There are newer reviews for Bu's

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Apart from the excellent food and stunning wine selection, it is just always great to go back there for lunch or dinner, be it with friends or for business.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Met a friend here for dinner while in Zurich and I had never been here previously. The food was terrific. The restaurant is very quaint but was extremely busy and obviously a local and visitor favorite.
The staff was friendly (my friend did all the talking as I do not speak German) but the staff did speak English.
At the end of the meal as we were leaving the owner wished us a good night and shook our hands.
A very nice guy and part of the reason why I would go back here when I am back to this restaurant if I am ever back in Zurich.
Yes, the restaurant is a little pricey but it is Zurich and you do get what you pay for.
It's worth the trip.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The place is ok and the food is good but nothing really impressive. I chose this place based on the great reviews and TA ranking but it was quiet disappointing as I thought it is totally overrated. Nothing went wrong but I expected more from a location with such a high ranking. The locations is great and the menu is very small though.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

very charming place with excellent service. but the best was clearly the outstanding cordon bleu. cooked to perfection, excellent cheese, pretty big and supertasty. the sides of rice and spinach were fine as well but not as impressive. I never had a better one in my life. it is not cheap but who cares for such a masterpiece. i was not a big fan of the nero davola wine so maybe try another one.