“Charming and delicious!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 14 October 2015

We stumbled upon this charming Parisian inspired cafe as we were sight seeing. We opted to sit outside on the terrace as it was a lovely sunny day. I was slightly disappointed with the amount of wine that was poured into the glass for the price that was paid, however, the dessert we tried was absolutely delicious! It was their fruit crumble and one of my favorite pastries that I tried all throughout Europe. I highly recommend this lovely spot for an afternoon treat.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Schober

Reviewed 28 September 2015

It’s been over a year since I visited here. A friend was visiting town and wanted to grab something hot to drink, so I chose Café Schober. Of course, we headed up to the Red Room as I think the atmosphere is cozy, unique and stunning.

We settled for hot chocolate (7.50CHF) and ended up chatting for several hours. The environment is good for conversation and at no point did we feel uncomfortable or pressured to give up our seats as most tables rotated quite frequent. I feel it’s one of the more interesting rooms I have visited in the city. Still highly recommended

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Were there for coffee and cake. Very lovely place with beautiful rooms. Good coffee and tasty, fresh cakes. I enjoyed time there.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We hadn't been to Schober in several years and decided to give it a try -- the weather was nice, so, we decided to get dessert and coffee at the outdoor cafe.

Unfortunately, neither the coffee (weak espresso macchiatto) nor the dessert (not so tasty ice cream with not so tasty chocolate sauce and way too much whipped cream) was great, the service was slow, and it was relatively pricey even by Zurich standards.

We wish this had been a better food experience -- if it had been, we would have enjoyed the lovely setting even more.

1  Thank DGandSAG
Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

Very nice place with atmosphere! Wonderful choice of desserts. Beautiful furniture and good service. Would recommend to have an English menu.