1,250 results
All reviews spa wing art collection new wing outdoor jacuzzi high tech great spa remote control junior suite concierge service amazing hotel favorite hotel zurich lake modern rooms the hotel offers baur au lac business trip city centre
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this wonderful hotel. We stayed in a junior suite in the golf wing. The lady who checked us in, walked us up to our room and explained how to work the control panels. It was a very nice touch. The room was tasteful and clean. The bathroom was massive with an impressive shower and separate bathtub.

The concierge was helpful in showing us a good walk down to the lake. Brunch at Saltz was spectacular. We don't usually stay at this fancy of a place, but for the amount of money we spent, we had tremendous value and a luxurious stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grant C
Reviewed July 5, 2017

The location is terrific and offers a panoramic view of the mountains.
Room was spacious and bed comfy.
The Hotel has a large collection of artworks so it was a bit like visiting a museum. It was fun to spot artworks and try to guess their artists.
The Dolderbahn provides a fun way to get to town although truth be told I didn't feel like leaving the hotel at all!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

I'm going to start by saying that I don't usually stay in luxury accommodations, such as this, but I decided since it was for just one night that I'd splurge a little and I'm glad I did!

Staff: From the valet to the front desk clerk, everyone was so nice and accommodating. The front desk clerk brought me to my room and explained the MANY amenities of the hotel (including a restaurant and spa).

Room: The first thing I noticed was the view. I was on the side opposite the spa and my room looked out on the golf course and more importantly Zurich, the lake and the city. Sooooo beautiful. And the room was also beautiful. Big actual queen bed (not 2 twins smooshed together like you find in a lot of European hotels). A bathroom with double sinks, a large soaking tub, a walk in shower with multiple heads and a separate toilet room. Also had a tv in the mirror, so you didn't have to miss your shows when you were brushing your teeth? ;) I also loved that there was a dressing table, complete with lighted vanity mirror. It was the little things like that that really put me over on the room.

Overall: Unless you have cash oozing out of your pockets (which, judging by the Ferarris and Rolls Royce parked out front, people must have) this is a special, splurge treat for the everyday folks. Come here, take advantage of what they have to offer and feel like a king/queen for a day.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mark_Jacob_TDG, Managing Director at The Dolder Grand, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback with us – we are really happy that you decided to stay with us!

I am very pleased that you took the time to leave your impressions and describe your experience at the Dolder Grand in such a positive and appealing way.

We appreciate your recommendation and would love to welcome you back for another break from the everyday life on another (special) occasion. In the meantime, we wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely

Mark Jacob
Managing Director

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We just had a lovely family weekend in the Dolder Grand. The room was amazing, high tech, modern, but very very comfortable. Views of Zurich from our balcony. The staff were lovely to us (despite our kids being....well, kids). The kids club wasn't huge but our kids enjoyed it. It was a little boring for our 9 year old on the second day. One thing I found surprising was the family pool was basically a public pool about a 15 min walk from the hotel. Still, it had three pools for a variety of ages and swimming abilities, kids play area, snack bar and nice ambiance but not what I'd expect from a 5* hotel. The actual spa/pool for adults and kids over 12 within the hotel was what I'd expect from this type of luxury hotel. It was the first hotel I've stayed in that offers plastic surgery! Maybe next time ;)
The hotel felt grand but welcoming from the minute we stepped onto the red carpet and the doors opened onto an opulent foyer. I felt more and more relaxed and at home the further into the weekend we got. It was a tonic!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I visited the Dolder spa for a full day during a weekend visit to Zurich. This has been one of our better picks in a spot that turned out to be taken either straight from heaven, or from a different time dimension:

The spa is located at the bottom floor of the hotel and offers a perfect experience for the ritual loved, the detail oriented traveler or anyone who is in for a true indulgence: clean, well designed spaces, surprising functions (including musical hammocks, an artificial snow space, a japanese black-bead bed etc.).

We also experienced 2 treatments, including a bamboo shiatzou and Swiss Ice facial cleansing - both delivered in the most professional, calming and relaxing manner by truly dedicated personnel.

Thank you Dolder, we'll most definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends