2,339 results
All reviews apple juice m gallery old town train station swiss chalet minute walk superior room main station comfortable bed an upgrade excellent hotel breakfast was included single room the air conditioning nespresso machine central location zurich hb
Reviewed April 19, 2018

The hotel is a short walk from the main station, as we walked up to reception a staff member was just leaving, he immediately turned round went to a free position and welcomed us. This set the level of excellent service we received during our stay. It is an excellent base for touring Zurich either by foot or from the convenient tram stop,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MGContinentalZRH, Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear Gortinboy
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are flattered by your kind words that give us more energy to continue doing our lovely job with so much pleasure. I would like to reassure you that I will forward myself your warm words to the entire team of our hotel, especially to our front office. See you hopefully soon again!
The very best,

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I spent three nights here recently on my tour of the region. The hotel itself seemed a bit dated, but it's Europe coming from the states and having been to Asia several times I'm just more used to modern furnishings. Regardless this establishment is well kept, clean, comfortable, and convenient. I appreciated the turndown service and the apple cider offering in the lobby. The bed was comfortable. There was a pillow menu which I did not use, but appreciate the offering.

My room faced the street. I found the street noise was not much of an issue. There is a tram stop only meters away from the front door, which made it easy to explore the city. With that said, the old city is only about 15-20 mins walk and the main train station only 10mins away at a leisurely pace.

I would recommend this place and book here again if I ever find myself in zurich.

Dear RajaNY
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to come back. See you soon again at our beautiful city Zurich.
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I always stay here when I come to Zurich. It is ten minutes walk from the main train station. It is also easy to catch a tram into the city or to the airport. The hotel is served by a great team of staff. Always helpful, welcoming and ready to assist. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Breakfast buffet is a good start to the day. I don't think anyone would be disappointed staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MGContinentalZRH, Manager at Hotel Continental Zurich - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Dear Adrian S.
A great thank you for your review that will for sure help future travelers. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is a great source of motivation for our team and I had a lot of pleasure to share your comment with my team.
We are definitely very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Zurich.
The very best,

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Was here for 2 nights. As a Platinum Card holder was upgraded to a 5th floor room. Rooms are in an old style with wooden cupboard, desk, arm chairs etc to give a more local Swiss feel. Was a twin bed room. I did have issues with bed comfort. Not very comfortable as the mattress protector was probably too thick and bed sagged a bit. The bathroom has a shower and tub (why do they have tubs still) and separate WC at the room entrance so you have to shuffle up and down.
Ate a great burger in the restaurant. Rate included breakfast, so had two breakfasts there. Good sufficient choice of basics, no eggs to order (maybe I didn't to ask) but enough to get you going for the day.
The location is perfect. A 5 mins walk down the road to the Main Zurich Banhoff. Or take a tram to anywhere as well. Weather was good, so mostly walked to the stations.
The apple juice served in the reception BTW is Excellent!!!

Room tip: Higher floors and in the back
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear hipposcuba
Thank you for your comprehensive and fair review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we were delighted to read your nice compliments. Regarding the mattress I would like to share with you that we have a special topper on top of the normal mattress however if you prefer a harder bed it will be our pleasure to remove it and make your sleeping experience memorable. Be informed that we offer different style of rooms and we do also have rooms with walkin rain shower available where the WC is integrated as well. Thank you again for your kind words and we're looking forward to your next visit!
Very best regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2018

The hotel is very well located (close to the train station and the old town). The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I stay at this hotel once in a while and although I am not an accor gold member, I still receveid an upgrade which was very nice. Very comfortable beds, good size room and bathroom.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear 579loics
A big thank from all the team for this great rate and nice review! It is always a pleasure for us to welcome you when you stay in Zurich and a great privilege to gain your loyalty!
Warm regards,