All reviews oldest vegetarian restaurant train station nespresso coffee machine excellent location old town hotel bar central location shopping area business hotel would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet is excellent stay minute walk welcome drink beautiful city very nice hotel nice breakfast
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Wow! What a wonderful hotel!

Centrally located in Zurich. It’s an easy walk to shopping, transportation and other notable sites.

Staff is wonderful.

They let me check in early. Although you may need to check first with staff, it was a huge convenience since my flight arrived in early AM.

Staff also helped with booking tours and provided umbrellas for rainy days.

Housekeeping was great. They came back each night to drop off chocolates.

In-site restaurant will do in a pinch. Would recommend venturing out since there are many other options nearby.

Seemed most things were closed in town on Sundays. You may want to consider if dates are flexible.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

This is a centrally located good Hotel .
Great value for money. Located close by to Zurich HB. Also walking distance from the railway station.
The staff is extremely warm, and speak English Well, even though one may not speak Swiss German.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable beds with amenities. Staffs recommendations on the local sight seeing and how to get there along with the coffee maker in the room were also few of the wow factors.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotelier03, Manager at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Glockenhof and for pointing out you great satisfaction. We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Matthias Sutter, General Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel with my family. Aside from the noise we heard up to wee hours in the morning for our entire stay, we didn't get the pleasure either to start our day nicely because the shower is just impossible to use without using your one hand to hold it because you cannot adjust the shower head to the right direction without spraying the water to the whole bathroom. Staff were pleasant though.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to give us some feedback. I am truly saddened to hear about the disappointing experience you encountered while being our guest. We do have the usual city centre quandary of good location versus noise. Perhaps you might like to try a room towards the back of the hotel next time. I hope it will not discourage you from staying with us again.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Room is a decent size & clean. Good quality mattress & pillows, with separate quilts for good night's rest. Tram stop is just 3 mins walk away.

We had a direct tram to Hallenstadion for concert which was handy. Shoutout to the night reception (Jay). Thanks for your help in helping us map the route, Jay!

Breakfast was included & it was a quality spread. Plenty of eateries around here too.

I left my camera in the common washroom and realised it 2 hours later. The reception returned it to me! Whew! Thanks to the good people here!

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcoming you back in the future and I will gladly pass your comments to Jay.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

As my Swiss Aunt had previously gone to the Glockenhof many times in the past for lunch, I decided to make it my base for my short visit to celebrate her 85th birthday. Sadly, our visit left us disappointed. Whilst the staff we encountered were all generally very friendly, our room (506) on the 5th floor was disappointing with very basic decor and worst of all incredibly noisy. We subsequently found out that there is a nightclub next door which played booming music until 5am on Sunday morning and 4am on Monday morning. We were subsequently advised that the rooms facing the garden don't have the same issue but when you have travelled a long way and are only staying two nights, the thought of decamping to a different room was an unwanted inconvenience. To make matters worse, the breakfast service on Sunday was overwhelmed which meant long delays in getting hot food. The staff did their best but when you pay a lot of money and have also gone without sleep the night before, it added insult to injury. We discussed our concerns with the hotels General Manager who is charming and did his best to retrieve the situation but for us this was not a great experience.I now appreciate why the hotel left earplugs on our pillow with the turn down service.

1  Thank Chris011

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor level of service you appear to have received. As already discussed with you personally we will definitely reserve a room for you to the courtyard if you give us another chance on your next trip to Zurich.