Hotel Scheuble
US$166
Swissotel.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$198
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

US$624
US$478
Official Site
Hotel Hirschen(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$496
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnewly renovated roomsold townwithin walking distancenice hotellight sleeperlarge roomcold cutsyogurtusbprosconsnoisecityadapterrateslake
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

If this place was cheap, I would give it better reviews. So, average price = average review.

Cons:

Wifi on first floor was terrible. Pretty much unusable (I don't know about the other floors). So I needed to come to reception to use the Internet.

Shower was dribbling and not working properly

Booked a double bed, but they mad up two singles and then pushed them together. Not even connected properly

Thin walls so you can hear people talking in the next room

Not enough lights in the room so it was difficult to see properly.

Pros:

Good location

Large room

Clean

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Leo1819
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I stayed at Hotel Scheuble on a business trip to Zurich. The hotel is conveniently located for the town centre, with many bars, restaurants, etc. directly on the doorstep. It is also quite close to the university. I will not stay there again though. Upon arrival, I was greeted by 'no, we do not have a reservation in your name, are you sure you were booked to be here?'... They found a room for me - and, miraculously, upon checkout they claimed that they had, indeed, found my original reservation. :( That whole malarkey cost me a lot of stress, as I felt like I was treated like an idiot by the hotel staff, pretty much all the way through. Their card machine didn't work upon checkout (I tried two cards, both of them with funds), so I had to walk to the station to take money out to pay my bill. Again, they made me feel like there was something wrong with me. The ladies serving week-day breakfast are rude and not customer-minded ('Room number?' with an angry expression... rather than 'good morning, could I ask for your room number, please?').
The rooms... oh my... My room was tiny, with a bathroom squeezed in. It was all new, sure, but there was no room to navigate at all. The bathroom walls are made from (see-through) glass and the doors don't shut properly. If you're considering sharing: don't unless you are happy for your partner to stand right next to you while you're on the loo.... (no extractor fans, as far as I could tell - so the main bedroom window needs opening for any smells to escape).
Altogether a ridiculous place. Best to be avoided.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bristolmum2016
HotelScheuble, Manager at Hotel Scheuble, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Scheuble Hotel in Zürich,
i am sorry to hear about your unfortune stay with us, we constantly try to Keep up with the expectations and demands from our Clients.
we will renovate the last part of the Hotel start December and will give your Informations to the owner - we do not want our guests to feel no welcome or stressed, also we will use your words for internal staff Training. Start March the Scheuble will reopen - so i will be happy to invite you to stay with us again (in a bigger room) to see if we have improved.
best regards and hopefully for a return
Henrik John Hansen

Reviewed October 6, 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a total of three nights (first two nights of our trip, and then the last night). Here are some of the pros and cons:

PROS:
-Close to Zurich main station. It's about a 10 minute walk from there
-Lot's of restaurants nearby
-Rooms feel clean and look modern
-They had these motion-sensored lights at the bottom of the bed that provided just the right amount of lighting for the middle of the night if you needed to use the bathroom
-Outlets with built-in USB ports
-Safe in the room

CONS:
-When we checked in, we opened the door to the room and someone else's stuff was already in there. Makes you wonder how many people could potentially have access to your room/stuff. They ended up upgrading us to a suite which was SUPER nice. But even the regular rooms (which we stayed in on our last night) are pretty spacious.
-Luggage storage is basically just them keeping it by the front desk in plain view
-You can hear the church bells throughout the night, and people on the street yelling

Despite the cons, I'd still be happy to stay here again if I ever decide to come back to Zurich.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Perfect place to stay and its right in the centre of this beautiful city.
The staff are wonderful people - so warm and friendly.
Rooms are a very good standard and are well looked after.
Highly recommend a stay here

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2017

+ The personal of receiption and room were perfect.
The receiption is very good speaking english , german an french !!!
The location is good.
We had the number with two big rooms and furniture was renovaited.
Our windows were watching int inner yard. It was very important.
The cafemachine in the room was good surprise !!!

- The "transparent" door of bathroom and toilet ?????
The breakfast was not enough good.
The noise in backyard sometimes.
The hotel is not provide the city public transport ticket ???

Room Tip: The windows into back yard ...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple