“Nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 139 Hotels in Zurich
Luzon, Philippines
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel is very nice. I really love the architecture. The rooms is clean. Has a very unique design. Friendly staff and helpful. I would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The room is spacious and clean. Very nice hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Loved the ambiance of this hotel. Great food in their restaurants, Splendid room service. Location unbeatable near the Banhofstrasse. Amazed with their warm reception. The manager very considerate and thoughfull of all comments and eager to please. The staff very well trained to deal with guests asdiffivult as they may be. The pklace to stay when in Zurich on banking busioness.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Schweizerhof, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Schweizerhof Zurich, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you very much indeed for your kind comment. My team and I are pleased that you felt comfortable with us and we are looking forward to your next stay and our opportunity to pamper you again.
Jörg Rudolf von Rohr
Managing Director
HOTEL SCHWEIZERHOF ZÜRICH
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This was my first time in Switzerland, and my only hotel so I can't compare it with any other rooms. I got this because it was the best on trip advisory. I booked the hotel through worldhotels.com and had trouble with my reservation at check in. It took about an hour before i got my room at a higher rate than reserved. Other than that, rooms were clean and nice!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2012

we arrived at 7am and our room was ready and waiting for us.
it was my birthday and they had a special token for me as well.

we felt special and cared for at this hotel. our room was always clean and in order whenever we got in - from shopping, tours, etc.

breakfast was pleasant and they went out of their way to prepare something we asked for even though it was not on their menu selection.

the gourmet cafe downstairs was excellent and the caviar selection...amazing!

the staff was always attentive and ready to help.

a big 'THANK YOU!' to the staff and management of this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank absarthou
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We spent 2 nights here after a trip around Switzerland and on our way by train to Milano, the hotel is right over the road from the train station. We had done quite a bit of shopping and the hotel sourced some large boxes for us to send the shopping home and delivered the boxes to the post office for us just, for the cost of the postage, everytime we had a question they answered with a smile and helpful answer. The breakfast was good and we had couple of drinks in the bar and coffee shop that all were very good. If you are looking for a very friendly hotel close to the railway station I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Peter361
Singapore
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Loved this hotel! The hotel is very well located, very central, minutes walk from my Zurich office, and very close to the train station. It looks good on the outside, but gets even better once you go inside. Check in was very fast and they offered me a drink while I waited. Then helped up to my room by a very friendly and informative concierge.

The room was awesome! It wasn't huge but it was really nicely decorated, with a very warm and homely feel. Plus free chocolate!!! hey it's the small things that make the difference :). And the room had free WIFI, finally, after staying at numerous hotels around Europe that don't!

The food was good, though I only had room service. I was very sad that I had a really early meeting the morning I was there because everyone ranted and raved about the champagne buffet breakfast, but I wasn't able to make it. So sad! Will have to go and stay again just to try the breakfast.

I get a corporate rate so not sure how much I actually paid, but it doesn't look like it's the cheapest hotel for sure but if you fancy spoiling yourself then do check it out.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank aka.seth
Singapore
Reviewed 25 December 2011

It was initially a toss up between this hotel & another less pricey one down the main shopping street, but I chanced upon a good rate on an alternative online site & grabbed it - honestly, it is worth looking around.

Schweizerhof was the 1st of 7 various hotels I stayed in as I traversed Switz & Italy, & it remains the best of the lot, faring even better than the lovely ones I stayed in during this trip. I didn't expect to be pampered, so it was a pleasant surprise to be so well looked-after - the welcome drink, the welcome vanity tray of goodies that was delivered when I checked in, the instant delivery of items I needed, the greetings, chocolates & offer of reading materials by the cheerful lady & kind gentleman on the evening rounds, the always-replenished fruits & chocolates basket left in my room, the generous fruits on every level's lift lobby, the complimentary treats & drinks at the lobby every evening, the efficient system of breakfast hence allowing me to still enjoy it in the comfort of my room even though I had an early start on one of the mornings, the very efficient check in & out, with nice touches of bottled water & more chocolates for the road.

My single room looked small in the photos, but it was actually pretty roomy, comfy & very quiet, despite the fact that I get to see the busy goings-on on the streets & at the train station just facing the room.

What was most appreciated was the very efficient & tactful follow-up when I needed help to send some items back home. The concierge & staff were quick to attain the necessary details, advise me on possible methods, find a sturdy box & newspapers for me to pack the items to be sent home & help me to reinforce the box, as well as followed up to ensure that the parcel got delivered. The parcel reached home way earlier than the estimated delivery date, whilst I was still in Switz!

I can understand why there are many returning guests to the hotel. Other than the much-appreciated convenience of location, it's the comforting care for the guests that has left a deep impression. I had a perfect start to my travels :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo