“Cosy Kitsch Coffee Place”
Review of Kafi Dihei

Kafi Dihei
Ranked #61 of 1,973 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I found this place through a review of another restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to check it out. We took the tram number 2 and chugged slowly along until we reached Zypressenstrasse. We walked around for a bit and noticed the building on the corner with strange plant growing all over the side of the building, this was the cafe and had a very cute little outside terrace that would be perfect for spring and summer.
We entered through the heavy velvet curtain and we were happy to see a very nice looking funky kitsch cafe full of people. We sat at the bar and were instantly given two glasses of water which was nice. We were only stopping for cake and coffee, but they do have an extensive brunch menu with freshly made pancakes, soups and sandwiches. I went over to the cake cabinet and had the choice of a 3 different homemade delights. I went for the chocolate cake and ordered a cappuccino, my partner ordered the same, but went for the raspberry cheese cake. The place is really nice and reminded me of London or Berlin. It was so nice to find this place and we will be coming back. I was not too impressed with the cake, but hey not everything can be perfect. The coffee was nice and it very hard to find that in Zurich, most places don't have good coffee so always good to find another place for a good caffeine fix.

There are newer reviews for Kafi Dihei

Reviewed 30 November 2014

a bit difficult to access this small cafe because there is not a lot of space to move. Indeed as I read on the site, strollers are not expected because of this lack of space. I was seated on a cosy sofa, immediately asked for my order but after that I had a hard time to get the waitress attention. Sweet and salty brunches are available, plates are large for convenient prices, service is nice but a bit slow on Sunday when it's crowded.

Reviewed 27 September 2014

They have a nice menu with lots of different breakfast and brunch options. Their bread is home-baked and much of the food they serve is organic. From the eggs to the porridge, yoghurt and bread - it was very yummie. Also the service is friendly and efficient. On summer days they have outside seating.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

You simply have to go there. Looks like your grandma's living-room and serves excellent tea & coffee. Sometimes the place is really packed and you've got to be patient. But the staff is always very friendly. This is a place for people who are not in a hurry and want to get a really excellent breakfast (even on weekdays until 4pm!). At the weekend there are some delicious specials like pancakes and porridge. Defintely my favourite breakfast place in Zurich.

1  Thank schnusizh
Reviewed 8 June 2014

lovely spot, excellent service, standard european breakfast :) not located in the city center which makes it cool. i wouldn t advise it to tourists but more for locals

1  Thank carlario483