Traveling on a two-week business trip, I had to find a decent hotel over the weekend that allowed me to combine business and pleasure and this fit the bill nicely. It's a small hotel in the Zurich Altstadt so its location is fantastic --- walking distance to the train station and to many other sights (although the excellent public transportation in Switzerland makes a location a bit of moot point). Although the room was very small (but typical by Swiss standards), it was functional -- it had great Internet access, a/c, and a decent bathroom. LIke all things Swiss, it was quite pricey but provided a good breakfast (and, I'll say it again, a great location). The downside was that the desk was window sill (big enough for my computer and papers but still a window sill) so people could see me working (privacy is not a virtue of this place). This is good place for those traveling alone or as a couple and looking for a quiet getaway that's practical and close to the city sights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look forward to Zurich’s smallest and most centrally located hotel. Each of our 24 rooms has just recently been completely renovated. A high quality design interior, comfortable bathrooms in warm colours, an individually adjustable air condition system for the summer time and new sound-proof windows promise a relaxing sleep.At the Hotel Helmhaus history and modern comfort connect in a remarkable way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Helmhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmhaus Swiss Quality zürich
- Hotel Helmhaus Swiss Quality