See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Everything in Zurich is quite expensive. This place was cheap. I stayed there twice at the beginning and the end of my trip to Switzerland. The location was very good, 5 minutes walk from the train station, other sights, and shopping area. 10-15 minutes walk to the lake. Only few minutes walk from the bars and nightclubs. There were restaurants nearby that open until late.

The room was decent, clean, I did not expect it to be American standard chained hotel. The staff was helpful. On my way back to Zurich (the second stay at the end of the trip), the train was late and another one got canceled so I ended up coming back to Zurich after midnight and they arrange to give me the key.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank concorde02
Reviewed January 13, 2012

There should be some regulations about offering such poor and dirty accommodations. I have stayed in farmhouses and B&B's throughout Europe that were pleasant, simple and clean. Offering the cheapest hotel in Zurich sounds good but to have something this disgusting to offer should be criminal.

Room Tip: Don't go there. Pay a little more or avoid Zurich
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
11  Thank SNa_12
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was quite a disgusting place to stay. I am not difficult, but really, this was NOT cool. When we got into our room, we each sat on our beds, one of them was fine, and my boyfriend immediately caved into his; the foundation was missing 2 wooden bars and 3 others were broken. The windows were wide opened when we got there, decided to close them because it was getting cold, went for a walk, and an hour later when we came back there was a powerful smell of mold. No washroom in the room, just a sink, no soap. Worse: the bathroom (in the hall) had no soap at the sink either. Cheapest hotel we found in zurich and it still cost us 120$ CAD. We didn't have the bedbug problem though.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CatIsInTheHouse
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I agree with the review below about Hostel Krone. Staff not helpful but very absent-minded, also making you pay before you even see your room is a sign that they don't trust the quality or appearance of their own place. Cleanliness alright, location quite good, but I also agree that it costs too much for what you get. Zurich costs a fortune at the best of times, but this is just a rip off.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank streviews
Reviewed September 16, 2011

It was my last possibility for 1 week in Zurich, for work! The price was the cipper in Zurich (very expensive for my budget!), but the quality is the worst! For 78 Francs/day I had to sleep in a room terrble: big as a toilet but withaut toilet; dirty white, but because it was very dirty, including carpet; wood wardrobe, where I would not even put the hiking boots and finally a horrible stench of smoke! Toilets and showers were outside and dawstairs...also very dirty!!!...so...I payed my first night, I asked him to give me back the rest of the payment for a week and I ESCAPE FROM THE HOSTEL. I recommand you: do not go to this "Hostel" .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo