“Incredible views at this top notch restaurant”
Review of Clouds

Clouds
Ranked #55 of 1,974 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$26 - US$161
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I was in Zurich for one night and was lucky to get a reservation at this restaurant on the top floor of this commercial building. I got there just before sunset so I enjoyed both lit and nighttime views. The food was very good - I enjoyed the steak and tuna tartare starter instead of the fixed price menu - and the wait staff were superb. I highly recommend this spot!

cloudsgastro, Geschäftsführer at Clouds, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Todd A

Thank you very much for your great review! We are thankfull you've spent your only evening in zurich up here with us.

I will happily forward your feedback to my staff and we are looking forward for your next stay in zurich. Hopefully again with us.
CLOUDS Team

There are newer reviews for Clouds

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

With a very nice view on zurich at the top of a building. A bit of hype. The team is very professional

Hello Jean-Malo-C

Thank you for your visit and your review here on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you've liked your cocktail and are happy to welcome you back soon - this time than for a nice dinner or just a cup of coffee with croissant in the bistro.

Until than, all the best

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We were in Zurich for a business meeting and after we walked through the city and completed our browsing through the city my co worker took us to this amazing building, which is a skyscraper and formed of glass.
When we entered to the building we jumped to the elevator and it took us to 35th floor.
As soon as we sat the view we saw was amazing. All city under our feet. Very kind waiter took our orders and he was very kind and helpful for choosing the drinks and our dinner.
The quality of the food was good and the advised wine we had was amazing.
I really recommend this place for people looking for quality evening , also for the couples who seeks for a romantic evening.

Hello Ramiz S

Thank you for choosing CLOUDS during your business stay in zurich. We are glad that you took the time to write us this feedback.

Looks like we've reached our goals. Every day and in every situation we strive for perfection. We love to create an unforgettable experience for you guests.

We would be happy to welcome you on your next trip to zurich,

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

First things first: I am not a Yelper. Nor am I someone who takes advice on Trip Advisor when I travel. My husband and I do extensive research through other outlets such as Instagram, food & travel blogs, or hotel and friend recommendations. And this is the introduction that I'm going to start off with on every single review I decide to do from my most recent Italian & Swiss trip.

This review is about Clouds in Zürich. INCREDIBLE views of the entire city. The service, however, can be debated. Now, granted, I do not speak German. I speak English, Spanish, and French, but when my husband did the reservations months in advance for the place to simply have a drink before our dinner reservations at a Michelin restaurant, they (Hotel Baur au Lac, a pretty exclusive and luxury hotel in Zürich) confirmed a table for us. Maybe a few things got lost in translation, but all in all, Clouds knew to expect us and from where.

We went to Clouds with a local friend of ours and were seated at a table by the window with incredible views. We ordered a bottle of Cristal for 230 CHF, and they pleasingly served us the champagne. We had also worked up an appetite, and decided to order an appetizer before we headed off to our Michelin dinner at Pavillon. The three of us orders a bowl of soup each. The server then came back and informed us that we could not order the soup if we did not order a main entrée.

We asked if we could move to the bistro (bar) side and have our champagne, and order the soup. She said that is fine. We gave up a fabulous table by the window on the restaurant side, just so we can have our champagne and soup on the bistro side.

When we get to the bistro side, we attempted to order the same soup, only to be told, that the menu (in the same kitchen) is different, and we could not have the soup. Never mind the fact that we have already had 2 double espressos, a bottle of sparkling water, a bottle of Cristal, and reservations on the other side 3 months ahead. None of that mattered.

We are genuinely disappointed in the service that was given to great tourists paying good money for an incredible time in an incredible city. We travel to Europe twice a year and sometimes cancel Michelin reservations just to eat great local food whether it costs €1000 or €30. The way Clouds delivered their service is unacceptable. We willingly moved per their requirements for ordering, because we were told we can order what we desire on the other side, gave up a great table, only to be denied.

This isn't about the soup. Dinner at Pavillon far surpassed Clouds on every level. This was about the principle and how they were not willing to accept the fact that a couple of sophisticated multi-lingual Americans with a local resident at their establishment wanting something outside of their box or rules were not granted with a level of service delivered back in the states, France, and especially Italy.

Dear FoodTravelor

Thank you very much for your feedback.

What you are describe in your review does not meet my expectations from our customer service either. All of this sounds like a big lack of communications between my employees and I'm deeply sorry to read your words.

I have to send you my apologies. I truly have no words what happend to you and your company. Of course we do have our rules and regulations. Yes we do have our Bistro for guests with a small appetite or are just interested in a drink or two. In our restaurant we are welcoming guests for lunch an dinner.

At this evening was honestly missing a management with perception and just straight: hospitality and customer service.

I would love to welcome you on your next trip to Europe. Please contact me directly so I can help you with your reservation:
m.jud@clouds.ch

Marisa & CLOUDS Team

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My nice and I had an amazing dinner at this nice restaurant, it was walking distance from our hotel, so we decide to make reservations and give it a Try, I was very good

Hello MARUKA33

Thank you for your review and see you next time