All reviews two single beds pushed together stadelhofen train station there is no air conditioning clean hotel business purposes single room top floor bars and restaurants yogurt lake zurich business trip comfortable stay nice size quiet area comfortable bed walking distance free wifi
Reviewed February 16, 2018

I booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who has stayed here previously. As expected, the room was small and tidy, with no carpeting, and a basic aesthetic. Overall, the room was completely satisfactory, and I would have been quite pleased with it, given the restaurants nearby and its walking distance to the opera house/Bellevue area.

Additionally the breakfast buffet each morning was basic but fine. And the servers who covered the breakfast were friendly and kept offering coffee refills.

That said, I was quite disappointed with the housekeeping service. After my first night, housekeeping cleaned the room and removed my towels without giving me new towels. That was a forgivable oversight, so I called down to the front desk to ask for more towels; they told me they'd bring up some right away. After 90 minutes, and still no towels, I called again, and only then did they bring them.

When I returned to the room the next evening, housekeeping hadn't even bothered to clean the room at all. I thought perhaps maybe the hotel didn't offer daily housekeeping, so I asked at the front desk, and they told me that housekeeping should come every day unless the "do not disturb" sign is hanging. It had not been hanging and I was out all day, so I can only assume that housekeeping decided they would skip some rooms.

Overall the housekeeping issue was disappointing. Additionally, the lobby could use a bit of a sprucing up, as it is looking a bit dated and worn.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryanb1281
Marco G, Manager at Sorell Hotel Seefeld, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Dear Mr. Ryanb1281

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your stay with us at Sorell Hotel Seefeld. I regret very much that we were unable to offer you a good service. Your review will help us to improve in terms of our Housekeeping service.

I was surprised to hear of your experience as it does not concur with the customary service policy of the Sorell Hotels. I would be grateful if you could provide me with more information about this incident so that I can arrange the appropriate compensation for you personally. I look forward to hearing from you in this regard.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again at the Sorell Hotels and hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Switzerland is expensive. So, rather than crying bout the expenses, I should get to the point. The hotel is in perfect location. 5 mins walk from the main square. 2 mins walk from the nearest Tram-Stop. Well, if something is 5 ins away from the main square in any city of the world. It means, it is definitely easily accessible from any location or attraction in the city.
The hotel is clean. The rooms are clean. I would suggest the room with a street view. The staff is extremely polite and helpful. We were leaving early in the morning and he arranged for us to have a packed breakfast. The breakfast is overall good. Less variety though but the taste of almost everything is great! Oh Gosh, I loved the salmon fish.<3.
If you by chance wanna visit a club or something. Ask at the reception and they will give you a VIP entry card to the best clubs in town. Mascotte is the best and the newest club in Town. Its great!!
Basically what I am trying to tell is that the reception is mainly gonna help you with everything possible within their reach. Because each one of the staff members is wonderful.

Room Tip: Street View
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Marco G, Manager at Sorell Hotel Seefeld, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Dear BoyVsGlobe

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful experience during your stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Seefeld. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good time in our hotel.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

Hotel is close to city centre - 15 minute walking distance. Rooms are clean, nice, you don't see age of rooms. Staff is really welcoming and friendly. I never met anybody from staff, who was in bad mood. Breakfast are also nice. It's not design or historical hotel with special style, but if you want to have nice city hotel where you will be satisfied it's great choice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Milan D

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experience during your stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Seefeld. We are very pleased to hear that you never met anybody from our team, who was in bad mood.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Came back to Zurich for our annual visit, to go around the Christmas markets and get the chocolates from Teuscher for Christmas. Further to past visits we stayed again in the Seefeld due to its cozy nature, friendly staff and great location. Again, we were not disappointed and we had an excellent two night stay.

The room we had this time was a little smaller than in the past and located on the side, however, as we were only sleeping here and having use of the excellent breakfast, it was fine. The only disappointment was the "missing duck" from the bathroom, it appears that they have stopped leaving them out now, possibly due to people putting them in their bags to take home!! A shame really, as it was a quaint little touch by the hotel.

Never the less, another great stay at the Seefeld and hopefully we will be back for another visit to this hotel and the great city of Zurich

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Marco G, Manager at Sorell Hotel Seefeld, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Dear handyspanner

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive experience during your stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Seefeld. We are very pleased to hear that you had another great stay in our hotel and the next time you will definitely get a duck:-)

We look forward to seeing you again next christmas at the Sorell Hotel Seefeld.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and no issues before, great staff, clean Hotel and the team in the bar are great when you just want a quick beer and a meal.
For the first time I had a problem with the room above moving the chair around into the early morning, informed reception but the same the next night!
Staying there this week so let's see what happens, hope my stay is not affected again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Marco G, Manager at Sorell Hotel Seefeld, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear Mr. Neil O

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience during your last stay with us at the Sorell Hotel Seefeld.