US$280
US$191
US$268
US$242
  • Restaurant
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$178
US$115
US$101
US$698
US$507
Priceline
2,462 results
All reviewsoerlikon stationtop floorle muhinfinity poolpillow menucity centrebusiness hotelconvenient locationmain stationswiss hospitalitytrain stophotel is locatedexcellent hotelpublic transportbusiness tripcoffee machineclose to the airport
Reviewed September 2, 2016

The hotel room was clean and the facilities were great -spa, sauna, massage service, all on the top floor-
It was relatively well priced considering it is Switzerland.
Transport to Zurich central is a 2 minute walking distance to train station, and a 10 minute ride to city centre; 20 min to Airport.
There are many shops around, even a MacDonalds accross the road if you get the munchies.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Hello leo963

Thank you so much for providing us your impressions from your last visit. I am glad that you were so satisfied with our services.

Sending you the best wishes from Zurich

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Well, let´s start with cons:

First impression of this hotel was not the same as when I looked at it through internet. First of all it is not that close to the center as I expected and as written at hotels.com, Oerlikon is about 45 minutes’ walk from the center. Of course, station is right across the street and there are lot of trains going in direction to the main rail station. But if you get back late from the center, you need to take taxi anyway and it costs you at least 33 EUR.

Check in was smooth and quick, no problems. When I reached my room I was shocked that it was way much different comparing to the pictures at hotels.com. Bed reading lamp was broken, kettle lid was also broken, floor carpet was dirty, no slippers, no bathrobe. I was so tired after the flight, that I decided to deal with it next morning. So I did. I explained everything to receptionist and got upgraded. Thanks. This time everything was in one piece and more clean but still no slippers, no shoehorn (this time it was not there) and no bathrobe. I have been to different swissotel hotels around the world, and if you do not get those things in standard room, at least you get it in class higher. But this logic does not work here.

Breakfast is very average and does not worth 35 EUR unless you drink whole bottle of prosecco which was offered among other drinks for free and that was only one thing which made me happy. Food was not that tasty as it was in other swissotel hotels. Variety of sweets is limited to only one pie which was not tasty at all and some pastries. One morning I took just coffee and sandwich, I paid half less and was also happy as you get two quite big sandwiches and water for free with coffee.

In general hotel is very old as it is the first swissotel in the world and it is about 30 years old and need some refreshment. As I understood they do that step by step and there are already some renewed rooms, but I think it will take a long time to renew it all.

And now let´s take a look at pros:

I can say, that if there would not be a pool at the rooftop with gym and saunas, I could easily say that it would be my last time in that hotel. That is a real pearl of this place which can make you forget about all disadvantages and bad experience. It has great view on mountains and city and you relax totally while enjoying the view after workout and swimming. Spa complex is included in price and they provide you slippers and bathrobe there. So if you will not find slippers and bathrobe in your room you can take it from there, small hint. They also provide you with fruity water and apples there. Steam sauna and finnish sauna are both great. I really enjoyed. Gym equipment is enough to make a basic training.

In addition to sauna complex they have outstanding bar and awesome bartenders, which totally made my stay. Thanks to Tobias, Patrick, Ksenia and other girl who worked on 23th of August I felt like in my home bar. They were very considerate and friendly, talking to me all the time in spite of being busy and advising right drinks, excellent job! That bar is a real spot on of that hotel, they have more than 60 different gins, lots of different rums and great cocktails. I would say it is a heart and soul of this hotel and that team make their best to make guests feel happy. Dear management, if you read this review, please reward them, they have deserved it.

To sum up, if I would come back, I would do it for two reasons: say hi to guys in the bar, enjoying the drinks there and chill in rooftop spa. If you not fond of those things, you better look for some other hotel which can offer you better price/quality ratio.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear MaksimEst

Thank you very much for this detailed review of your last stay at the Swissôtel Zurich. Each feedback is a chance for us to improve our service and hospitality standards.
First I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had at the beginning of your visit. As you already mentioned we are renovating our hotel rooms but have not finished yet.

I am glad that our reception employee could assist you finding another room. Normally slippers and bathrobes are provided in the higher room categories and I am sorry that this was not the case. For the next time please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Service as they are able to send you up slippers and a bathrobe within minutes. Also if you do not want to pay CHF 35.- for the breakfast there is the possibility to order a la carte.

Fortunately you could spend some relaxing moments in our Spa&Sport area and enjoy the view. It is great to hear your outstanding words about our bartender and of course I will forward this great review to them. Regarding the big choice of gins, rums and cocktails I am happy to announce that we just received the Swiss Bar Award for the Best Bar Menu 2016, which confirms your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back one day and wishing you all the best in the meantime.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

As we had just come from a very long flight from Australia we were allowed an early check in,This hotel was our base for the 2 weeks that we stayed in Switzerland and is very close to both Tram & Train stops which made it easy to commute.The room was clean & had all the facilities that we needed for our stay.Loved the pool on the 32nd floor which had great views.La Muh restaurant which is on the ground floor served good food & wine.We had a problem with our bathroom sink which was attended to as soon as we complained.Enjoyed our stay & would recommend.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have views of the Alps but if not request one
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Swissotel_Zurich, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Dear robma47

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and write this outstanding feedback. It is great to hear that you keep your stay in such a good memory, especially our Spa&Sport area on the 32th floor and the location nearby the train station Oerlikon.

Wishing you a pleasant day and see you back soon

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Great service, good hotel, convenience location, clean room, nice view, stable internet connection, one of the best Swissotel (chain hotel) I would recommend to stay in Switzerland. Enjoy and Relax environment.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear thiramanatc

Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your allover visit in the Swissôtel Zurich.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon in Zurich and wishing you only the best in the meantime

Reviewed August 29, 2016

The hotel is situated next to Oerlikon station which is very convenient for transport to and from the city centre. You don't hear any noise from the train line at all. Our room was very comfortable, the check in process was fast, the hotel staff were professional and friendly and breakfast at Le Muh downstairs was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear lararuss_13

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our recent stay in the Swissôtel Zurich, as well as our big breakfast buffet in our Restaurant.

Kind regards and welcome you back soon