“first vietnamese restaurant of my life”
Review of Lotus-Vietnam

Lotus-Vietnam
Ranked #1,045 of 2,112 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pho Viet heisst Sie herzlich willkommen zu einem kulinarischen Abenteuer. Erleben Sie bei uns ein kleines Stück Vietnam und geniessen Sie unsere verschiedenen leckeren Speisen. Es ist uns eine Freude, Ihnen Vietnam näher zu bringen.​
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Got lost and hungry (it was 1pm) and decided to stop for lunch in this rest. The owner brought the menu and explained me the typical dishes they prepared. Got some shripm rolls and the noodle soup. Tasted good, though I cannot compare to any other vietnamese as this was my first time. I believe I should have chosen the buffet since 42 chf seems a little too much for a simple lunch (or maybe Im not used to swiss standards)

1  Thank brig-cris

Reviewed June 12, 2015 via mobile

It was my first visit at this place, but as I work in the nearby, I will probably keep coming back. Nice choice of Asian food in a very reasonable price. Everything fresh and tasty (prawns with mango would be my personal number one).

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Went to „Lotus“ on a rainy Sunday afternoon and was impressed by both food and host. We had two soups as appetizers and two main courses. Everything was fresh and tasty. We were recommended coconuts as drinks, and it was an excellent choice. Yet the best part was the friendliness of the owner, who opened the restaurant half an hour early to accommodate our hunger and provided many insights into the Vietnamese cuisine expertly guiding us through the menu. We will surely return to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

On your way to Zurich do not forget to stop at the LOTUS –VIETNAM restaurant to have nice lunch or dinner or to take the lunch-box with you.
The small restaurant is directly on the Zürichstrasse 91 in Schlieren, almost on the border to Zürich-Altstetten.
It can easily be reached by trolleybus No. 31 or if you travel by car you can park behind the CONFORAMA department store next to the restaurant.
The outside view of the house is not attractive at all, actually you would probably just past by without taking serious notice of that place, but the nicely designed interior and the friendly owner create a suitable ambience for enjoyable dinner.
The meal we selected was simply delicious!
My suggestion let the host to guide you through the secrets of the Vietnamese cuisine.
For sure this was not our last visit.

5  Thank Josef B
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Accessible via Bus #31 from Zurich main train station to Gasometerbrucke direction Schlieren. I just happened to find this place by chance and observed that they offer a lunch and dinner all you can eat buffet. Lunch buffet from 11.30-14.00 for CHF 19. A very nice restaurant with dark wood interior and a lavender theme. Seating in the front and a rear section of the restaurant in addition to patio seating which I took advantage of during the warm weather.

The buffet offered sweet and sour chicken, one fish, beef broccoli and one other beef dish, noodles, fried rice, tofu, veggie stir fry, soup and a couple of deep fried items. The chicken and beef dishes were good.

My main problems with this restaurant is that when I started and/or returned to the buffet there were more than several dishes (beef, deep fried items) in the buffet that had not been replenished, so I had to make more of a meal of the sweet and sour chicken. The soup on the buffet was nearly cold and I did not know that they also offered ice cream until I was leaving and noticed others having the ice cream, which would have been nice on such a hot day.

Staff and owner were very friendly. The owner stated they have only been open only for a couple of weeks. I certainly noticed the quirks that need to be worked out like fully setting the tableware for the lunch crowd as I had my food, sat down and no silverware. Not replenishing the food, cold soup and not informing me that ice cream was included with the buffet.

The bathroom was clean.

I did have interesting entertainment while dining. A group of guys sitting next to me, one of which was a supposed and arrogant South African guy who was telling his story of his vacation to Latin America, Panama City, and that he ended up hooking up with the tour guide and now he may have a kid down there.

Would I return? Maybe later once they have worked out a lot of the kinks with this new restaurant opening. But at present, a lot more attention to details needed.

2  Thank FormerCaliBoy