“One of the best”

Price range: US$14 - US$111
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I have visited a lot of vegetarians and vegan restaurants in Zurich, but this really stood out. We had a 5 course tasting menu that was excellent both in taste and quality.
The service was very friendly and profesional. The young restaurant Managerin made sure everything was perfekt and flawless. I personaly liked that the chef came at the end of the service to ask if everything was to our sadisfaction. We will definitly return to enjoy more of this nice place.

1  Thank Stefanos C

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We arrived on time and the restaurant was not particularly full at the time, decor is modern and inviting, the waitresses were very friendly.
We all decided on the 5 course menu with wine.
From here on things went downhill, portions were not particularly large but in saying that, they were interesting dishes.
Between courses we were served a small glass of wine with a detailed explanation which was nice but had to wait at least 15 minutes after the wine before getting the next course (not forgetting the wait before we got the wine in the first place).

By the time we got the third course the restaurant was full which did not help the situation at all.

Overall:
The food was good but overpriced for location / quality / wait time, there are far better & cheaper options in Zürich.
We stayed 3 1/2 hours - not through choice and we still were hungry when we left.
None of us will return.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

A nice treat to be invited by friends from St Gallen to this delightful vegetarian restaurant. Simply delicious and presented with much care. The waitresses' description of each part of the meal was special too.

Delicious artichoke hors d'œuvres.

Just to note that my friends found the porcini ravioli with quince overpoweringly sweet but they kindly gave them another small serving of a less potent version. Myself I loved the spinach gnocchi.

A pity for the plastic plants whereas the entire place exuded natural beauty. Otherwise lovely decor.

Excellent coffee (Nespresso). ;)

1  Thank superjdt
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I contacted them beforehand about being a raw vegan and they reacted like every restaurant SHOULD: they prepared a 2 dish heaven for me. A wonderful salad with nuts and seeds and a house-made lemon/orange dressing with house-made herb mix to sprinkle on it and a main: zucchini spaghetti with avocados, spinach, etc. It was not only delicious for the taste buds but look at it!!! I mean isn't it lovely for the eye, too? The colors are sooooooo pretty! I enjoyed every bite of it, slowly chewing it to feel every different ingredient and I didn't want it to end!
Exceptional staff, gorgeous place, fantastic foods and a warm welcoming with perfect service!
Thank you so much for this unforgettable lunch!

1  Thank Gy T
marktkueche, Inhaber at Marktkuche, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Gy T

Thank you very much for your kind feedback!
It's a pleasure to hear that we were able to fully satisfy you :)
Our philosophy is to fulfill our guests wishes - and as in your case, if we know in advance - we even prepare some specialities wich are not on our usual menu.

Also a big thank you for your kind words about our team, we were very happy to hear your compliments!

We're looking forward to welcome you again, if you're in zurich for the next time!

Best Regards,

Tobias Hoesli
Owner & Chef de Cuisine

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I decided to take two friends of mine visiting Zurich to Marktküche after a recommendation from a friend and I was not disappointed. We walked into the restaurant and were immediately greeted and taken care of. We decided to all go for the 5 course tasting and the wine paring. It was truly great. They allowed us take our time and enjoy our food. Each course was fantastic from the amuse bouche down to the raspberry in my desert... not a thing was left on my plate. The wine parings were also fantastic... both the Sommelier and the chef took time to chat with us. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the ambiance cozy yet hip.

3  Thank epeabody88

Dear Epeabody88

Thank you very much for your amazing Feedback!
I forwarded your compliments about our staff to the team, we are happy we made your evening like it should be.

We would be honoured to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards,