“Great choice”

Ranked #1,089 of 2,098 Restaurants in Zurich
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I'm not sure what's up with all the bad reviews of this place. We stayed In Zurich at a nearby hotel and asked for a recommendation of a good vegetarian restaurant. Our hotel recommended Pot au Vert.

Being a foodie and living in New York, I like to think that I have a good idea of what qualfies as a good restaurant. While this place is small, it makes up for that with excellent food and good service.

We sat on the balcony which overlooks Zurich Central. The options of food vary from simple dishes like linguini or vegetable plates to more artistic dishes like an apple fused risotto mixed with a cream sauce and nuts.

I hadthe risotto and my wife tried a falafel salad. Both dishes were very tasty and impressive. If I visit Switzerland again I'll be certain to stop here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Pot Au Vert is a true example of how a bad team can destroy a place.
The restaurant has one of the best locations in Zurich but no taste at all.
The place is very bad decorated, the balcony is dirty and with dead plants; the waiter which served us, didn't know about the food exactly and couldn't help us with good advices.
Non go and I won't go there again!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

It was the only vegetarian restaurant I found in the neighbor! The place is in the first floor! Not so good atmosphere and really low quality food. I had a salad and a vegetable soup ( which was small ) and A sparkling water and I paid 31 CFH, so it's also expensive for what it offers! Unfortunately u can't find so many vegetarian restaurants so I had to cooperate!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Expensive and poor quality, I can cook better for much less. Fell short of the standard implied by the high prices. The English menu only records ingredients, not methods of cooking, so you need to study the German one as well to get the full picture. There is a terrace but it is straight onto a big intersection, we watched the local workers clearing out the drains as we ate.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We wife and I sought a vegetarian meal when her stomach was somewhat upset, and we found (in the rain) what we were looking for in Pot au Vert. Tasty food, nicely served, with "reasonable" cost considering the rock-bottom dollar compared to the franc. Nice choice of vegetarian possibilities on the menu.