“This chicken really is from heaven....”

Restaurant Huhnerhimmel
Ranked #81 of 1,973 Restaurants in Zurich
Reviewed 10 October 2016

My son and I spent our last night in Zurich eating at this restaurant based on traveler reviews and it DID NOT disappoint :) Easy tram ride up the hill from the Opera House to HuhnerHimmel... met the lovely family who runs the place... Sally was full of helpful information about the menu, gracious and lovely. We choose the Austrian style (my son) and the Swiss style (me) and were eating the best cooked chicken ever. Potatoes on the side... We sat outside on the small side patio, very family oriented area and on a busy street... watched the world go by, talked about our wonderful trip and shared a bottle of wine. Meal was about 100 Euros all said and done with appetizers and desserts. Excellent decision... visit Chicken Heaven :) It's awesome.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Huhnerhimmel

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this restaurant. It doesn't look like much from outside but it's cosy inside. The lady serving our table was very helpful with translating some parts of the menu for us. The chicken was absolutely delicious - definitely the best I've eaten in Zurich.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

As the restaurant name implies this is a heavenly venue for chicken lovers.

The two highlights of the menu are:

- The “Mistkratzerli” which is a whole spring chicken roasted to perfection in the oven, seasoned with a mix of herbs and garlic.

- Normal sized chicken, cut up, served as quarter, half or full portions and prepared in different ways: Austrian style, American BBQ or Swiss style. This last one is my favourite and it is marinated in herbs and fried. Portions are well sized and half of a chicken (around 450g) is enough for most.

There are other chicken dishes which I have not tried and a couple of vegetarian options as well.
The service is excellent, very friendly, making you feel welcome. I regularly visit them when I'm in the city and it's always a pleasure.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

All those superlatives on this page? They're all here for a reason. Despite the modest variation of dishes, this could very well be the most delicious chicken you'll have.

Add to that a cosy, family atmosphere, a very nice wine selection, and reasonable prices, and you get an absolute gem.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We were looking for someplace new to go a few Saturdays ago and decided to check out the Hühnerhimmel based on all of the positive TA reviews. The reviews were spot-on! This is some of the best chicken you will ever have! As everyone else says, Sally is a delight to talk to and does a great job of helping you with the menu if you aren't a German speaker. My husband continued to rave about the chicken for days afterwards! Highly recommend the Hühnerhimmel as a nice alternative to traditional Swiss restaurants, with a relaxed and easy vibe. We both had the Swiss style chicken, but will definitely go back and give some of the others a try!

1  Thank Lisa O