All reviews aesop products old town boutique hotel steep cobbled street generous room separate mattresses lovely cafe reception area round the clock the ground floor boutique feel fantastic location modern interior junior suite tea coffee rooftop terrace ten minute walk
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Excellent, hotel, with excellent location in the old town, central to everything, shops, restaurants and the river. Staff were warm and welcoming, great bar and breakfast cafe. Very comfortable beds. Very clean and tidy. We had a corner room with lovely big Windows and lots of room.
High recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We completely loved our stay here. The location was perfect. It was in Old Town so we were within walking distance of historic sites, Lake Zurich, shopppng and lots of food choices. We were within a 10 minute walk to the train station and the tour buses. It was clean, modern and very comfortable while being housed in a building built in the 1500’s! We had everything we could need (loved the soap/lotion choices!) Beds were comfortable and we had a great balcony that we took advantage of as much as we could. We were traveling with our teenaged son. Our room had a nook with his bed in it so he had a little privacy- which was an unexpected treat. Great stay, great location, great service!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Firstly "Cosy" can also be interpreted as "Small". There is not much space in this class of room - I would advise booking a larger room. Having said that the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The location in the centre of the old town is excellent. The breakfast is outstanding. There is free tea and coffee all day in this boutique hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff M
John M R, Manager at Marktgasse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear Geoff M

Thank you for the short review - we do appreciate this a lot - Yes Cosy is also men a bit smaller. The breakfast remarks are also apprciated by the Team!

Best regards

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We chose the Marktgasse because we wanted to be in the historic old town, but in a hotel with modern comfort. This location is central, but we didn’t have any issue with noise here. Our room was toward the back of hotel away from the street and we never needed to open the window because the AC was great. We opted for what their website calls the Generous room, which is a slightly larger floor plan. (Too much luggage. ). The beds are super comfortable, the bathroom has a good tub/shower combination and the WiFi was strong. No coffee maker in our level of room, but there is free coffee available 24 hours a day in the reception, which was fine with us. They provide free passes to a nearby health club, which huge and fully equipped. Strangely it doesn’t open until 8am. Also bring your own towel and bottle of water if you go. We didn’t have breakfast here(extra cost), but they have a really nice bar area with a few outside seats. We arrived at the hotel at noon and were thrilled they let us have our room three hours early so could change clothes and rush off to the a boat tour in fresh clothes. If you want late check out it costs 50 francs though. Our two nights here were well worth it for the location and comfort. Highly recommend.
Note-taxis have some trouble finding it although now that I’m familiar with the town, I don’t know why. We had to roll our luggage a short block on the way here and the stone roads are rough on the wheels.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear lemur_chica

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review. My Team and i are always trying to accomodate all guest wishes and it is nice that you could check in so early - sure this is only on availability.

It si realy nice that you also enjoyed tour Hotel and had a great time in Zurich!

Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

My first impression of Marktgasse Hotel was of a male employee with a huge smile enthusiastically greeting me and helping me with my bag from the taxi.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quaint but modern exterior and interior of the property. The bar and restaurant (as well as a second take out restaurant) are located on the first fooor; the large and attractive reception area on the second. At reception, hot water, various teas, and Nespresso are provided.
The single room I booked was simple and spare, but in a classically good looking way, in black and white- my taste. The mattress was comfy and the linens of nice quality.
I never recommend particular rooms, but in this case, if you are on the tall side, you may want to ask for a room below the fourth floor, as this is a very old building and the fourth floor ceilings are low. The room was surprisingly quiet, as it faced the cobbled streets, where there is a veritable beehive of activity.
The staff were friendly and professional.
I have another favorite property in Zurich; however, I will strongly consider returning to Markgasse for its stellar location and good vibe.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank zimmchiro

Dear Zimmchiro

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review!

My team and i do appreciate this a lot - and for sure we hope to meet you again!

best regards