Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
US$144
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2015

I've stayed in Bolsward before, but not at this hotel. Just had a 9 night stay there. Food was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly.
Hotel is smack in the center of town, surrounded by shops and other bars, restaurants.

Only downside, is that the breakfast doesn't open until 8 weekdays and 8:30 on the weekends. Due to our working day starting well before breakfast, the hotel provided us with breakfast and lunch sandwiches ...... ideal.

Room tip: Ask for a room with two beds, otherwise you will get a single bed. It's not the end of the world, but helps.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had dinner at this hotel in April 2014 - it was the worse service we ever experienced. The waiter was extremely rude and inattentive. Food was good, but after the service we received at dinner we were glad we stayed at another place during our week in Bolsward.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TahoePeeps
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Anyone who reads my reviews know I like to stay in small local establishments at least some of the time on my travels. I find it is part of the adventure of traveling and it usually has a better price and you get to get a feel for the local area. For me that equals fun and adventure.

We started with dinner and drinks on the patio. Liking the town ambiance and the staff friendliness, we decided to stay the night.

The lobby/bar of the hotel is architecurally beautiful. with old wood and neat lighting. There was an elevator. It was small and you had to pull the door closed. But it worked ok as long as you remeber to close the door for the next person. (If you dont it gets stuck and a staff has to go find it and close the door.)

The room is small but clean and comfortable. (all I look for in this price range)

The bathroom was a little small and awkward with the shower drop down (kind of a 1 inch dropin the tiles) and the toilet being crowded beside it. (more of a "wetroom")

The view down the main street of town was lovely and relatively quiet. My room had 2 windows on a corner so it added to the interest.

Tv was a good size and bed was comfortable. Windows opened for lovely fresh country air.

I found the breakfast had a nice selection and was plentiful.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were given a tired old room at the back. I think it was clean, but hard to tell with that old carpet and the grottily tiled bathroom. My towel smelt clean but had pink marks on, like lipstick stains.
The food at dinner was quite good but rather expensive for what it was.
At breakfast they hadn't bothered to cover up the crispbreads and there were flies landing on them which was absolutely disgusting. There also seemed to be only one egg cup between about 30 people.
It's not worth the money, only stay if you are desperate.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nixerella
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed for 3 nights with my mother for the easter holiday. The bar/restaurant area on the ground floor looks very nice. In our arrangement breakfast and dinner was included.
You could choose from 4 different meals within the arrangment menu. Food was OK but not very special. You could choose a better quality surprise menu if you were willing to pay 15 euros extra (per person). Hotel rooms are very small and lack any comfort. It's like you step back in time and find a cramped hotelrroom in the attack with a tiny bathroom with shower like you would find in some hotels in 60s or 70s. No decorations in the room (execpt for one ugly advertising poster). Very noisy, traffic and people outside the hotel till late in the night. Rooms are clean and staff is kind and helpful though.

Date of stay: April 2009